Dubbel and WLP540

vicjuve

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I need help with this recipe. I have never tried the wlp540 and I would need advice on the mash (I planned a monostep at 151 °) and fermentation temperatures. The idea is to pitch the yeast at 68 °, after 3 days add the syrup and let the temperature rise up to 72 °, finally raise up to 75 °. Is it a good plane???

Attachments

• file4(1).png
    file4(1).png
    862.2 KB · Views: 228
Yes I've read where some brewers add the sugar (syrup) right at high krausen and that seems to work well for them but others add sugar last 5 minutes of the boil... I think either way is okay... if I were brewing this with a single infusion mash °C 68 (154°F) - °C 70 (158°F) would be my target temp for a more complete conversion... either way it looks like a fantastic beer

Cheers!

Thank you for your answer.
Yes I've read where some brewers add the sugar (syrup) right at high krausen and that seems to work well for them but others add sugar last 5 minutes of the boil... I think either way is okay... if I were brewing this with a single infusion mash °C 68 (154°F) - °C 70 (158°F) would be my target temp for a more complete conversion... either way it looks like a fantastic beer

Cheers!

There's an idea that yeast gets lazy with too much simple sugar and doesn't reproduce as effectively. So waiting to add it after the yeast has reproduced is seen as a way to keep the fermentation powering along. Heard this in relation to brewers who do high gravity beers that they dilute at packaging, so I expect it's largely academic at the homebrew scale.

There's an idea that yeast gets lazy with too much simple sugar and doesn't reproduce as effectively. So waiting to add it after the yeast has reproduced is seen as a way to keep the fermentation powering along. Heard this in relation to brewers who do high gravity beers that they dilute at packaging, so I expect it's largely academic at the homebrew scale.
I can agree on the replication, but adding sugar few days later, also means having a lower OG and an appropriate pitching rate (my target is 1.0 bil cell / ml / ° P) facilitating the preparation of a starter that I perform with my homemade equipment not so high-performance.

Back