RIP Lagering Fridge

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This morning I'm on the search for an inexpensive refrigerator. The lagering fridge I've been using for a couple years bit it last night. Of course, it was worth every penny I paid for it (free). Fortunately I have no lagers in process right now.

SWAMBO is in favor of finding a new one rather quickly - she uses it to store frozen food that won't fit in either of our upstairs or chest freezers (don't get me started....) and to stage food for parties. So it shouldn't be long before I'm back in the business of making lagers.

Good luck Nosey im no help in a land wherenthe water swirls backwards and the freezer coils go the same way. Have you thought about them upright freezers with the front door (saves the back).

Would be a long drive to pick it up but thanks.
But you could stop by have a beer and visit the SN brewery while you were here. Take a tour do a flight or two. Then go to secret trail, one of several breweries in town. It'd be fun and a story to tell for a long time. All for a free fridge lol

Oh and bring your dog. They're welcome on the patio at secret trail.

Good luck Nosey im no help in a land wherenthe water swirls backwards and the freezer coils go the same way. Have you thought about them upright freezers with the front door (saves the back).
And don't forget, the current is half the voltage. Thanks for the laugh, mate!

It came back from the dead last night. Not sure what was wrong. We'll plug it in when we get home and see if it makes it.

It came back from the dead last night. Not sure what was wrong. We'll plug it in when we get home and see if it makes it.
Maybe just wanted a day off!:D
Called in sick and spat a fuse:p!
It's not tripping your fuse?
My first freebie ferm fridge had a nasty habit of tripping my house fuse when I was at work (missus didnt like that at all:oops:)!

Fridge ext..jpg
Check out your local Lowes and Home Depot. I got a new 18cf fridge for about $235 at Lowes a few months ago. They sell floor models and blemished units for half price or less quite often.

Attachments

• Fridge int..jpg
    Fridge int..jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
View attachment 3975 Check out your local Lowes and Home Depot. I got a new 18cf fridge for about $235 at Lowes a few months ago. They sell floor models and blemished units for half price or less quite often.
Planning to do just that. I plugged it in last night and it blew both the ground fault and circuit breaker. It's officially dead. The Lowe's option is particularly attractive because they deliver and haul the old one off.

Planning to do just that. I plugged it in last night and it blew both the ground fault and circuit breaker. It's officially dead. The Lowe's option is particularly attractive because they deliver and haul the old one off.

While Lowes did offer their extended warranty, they wouldn't do the free delivery and haul off the old one. I'm assuming there isn't any/enough profit at the reduced price.

Back