Now in the soon to be frozen North

BOB357

Trial Member
Reaction score
Made it to Squamish, BC yesterday afternoon. Went to Howe Sound Brewing for dinner and a couple of pints. The food was great and the beer passable. Wife and I plan to visit the 2 other breweries today while daughter and brother-in-law trek in the rain. Will pick which one we'll go to for dinner tonight. Rain predicted for the remainder of our time here. Beautiful country. Will post some pictures later .

Thanks. The hikers got rained on without a break while the wife and I sampled beers at the other local breweries. They looked like a couple of drown rats when we picked them up. Two out of the 3 breweries here are so hung up on hazy beers that their pale ales are NE style. At least they're drinkable. The last one we visited had a nice Northwestern IPA.

Hope you enjoy your stay in our beautiful Country!

Thanks. So far we're having a great time. After starting the day yesterday with a flat tire we made it up to Whistler and had some awesome beers. Going into Vancouver this AM for Dim Sum and then it's of to Revelstoke.

I'll be glad when it does cool off and start to snow here. High fire danger in September - something's wrong in Colorado.

Was going to take some pics and post them, but had a problem with email on my phone. Quit taking pics because I couldn't email them to myself to process and post from laptop. Dumb $hit me, I had airplane mode turned on. Missed some great pics too. Just a couple I did take inside 2 breweries in Whistler. Kind of dead at the breweries. There was a brew fest going on in town. Wife and I resting up at the condo in Revelstoke while the hikers go for a long trek in Glacier Nat'l. Park. Will go to Glacier with them tomorrow and hopefully get some good pics.
Whistler Brewing.jpg
Coast Mountain Brewing.jpg

Looks impressive, how was the beer?

I know some, okay, I know most of the local craft brewers, and they are all guys who have gone from starting a business on the side to having quit their day jobs and gone full time. None of them are cash rich start ups in high traffic areas. They make the best beer IMHO.

Great stuff Bob remember you gotta ballance out them beers with wiskey:p!

Looks impressive, how was the beer?

I know some, okay, I know most of the local craft brewers, and they are all guys who have gone from starting a business on the side to having quit their day jobs and gone full time. None of them are cash rich start ups in high traffic areas. They make the best beer IMHO.

Beers at Whistler Brewing were the best of the three we had there. The others were good as well.

Back in Seattle again. Went out to the marina and then some breweries in the Ballard area this afternoon. Had flights at all 3 breweries and never tasted a bad beer. Reuben's was the best to my taste, but Stoup and Obec weren't far behind.
Stoup 2.jpg

Attachments

• Obec.jpg
    Obec.jpg
    699.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Reuben's.jpg
    Reuben's.jpg
    945.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Marina.jpg
    Marina.jpg
    880 KB · Views: 117
Yea. great to have a bunch to select from. And these were small breweries too.

Pike Taps.jpg
Did a couple more breweries in Seattle today. Pike Brewing and Old Stove, both in the Pike Place Market area. Everything we tries was good. A couple of sours and a bunch of APAs and IPAs. Pike was a neat place so took several pics.

Also a couple in the Old Stove brewhouse.
Conicals.jpg

Attachments

• Beer Menu.jpg
    Beer Menu.jpg
    770.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Pre-Prohibition.jpg
    Pre-Prohibition.jpg
    861.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Hot Side.jpg
    Hot Side.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 99
Staying close to where daughter lives today. First visit was to Elysian's Tangle Town:
Elysian Tangletown.jpg

Next was a small 10 BBL brewery; Floating Bridge: Nice assortment of well brewed beers.
Floating Bridge 1.jpg

Attachments

• Floating Bridge 2.jpg
    Floating Bridge 2.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 103
  • Floating Bridge 3.jpg
    Floating Bridge 3.jpg
    863.5 KB · Views: 112
Last and smallest brewery we visited on the entire trip Ravenna. Overall, the best brewed beers we have tasted. The breweries we visited today, especially this one, have convinced me to start brewing sours. This pic
Ravena 2.jpg
is actually their entire brewery.

Attachments

• Ravena 1.jpg
    Ravena 1.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 116
Leaving Seattle tomorrow and heading back to Bend for a couple of days. Hope to visit a couple of breweries there that we haven't been to yet. Even with the complications that arose along the way this has been our best beercation to date. Anyone considering a beercation in the northwest, I strongly recommend Seattle. We love Bend, but feel that the fledgling breweries here are hard to beat.

Back