FastFerment fermentation chamber

I wouldn't try it plus that hump on the bottom is the compressor and its only about 12" in front, not sure why they did the shelves that way but its cheap, you get what you pay for, I don't think bending the coils is possible without a pro helping

Find a used refrigerator or freezer, $75 or less, and run it on a temperature controller. Cheap and easy.

I saw some videos when they change fridge with freezer to ferm chamber. So I would think it should not be that much of problem but I would like to be sure before I will buy it.

I know about that bumb for compresor but it is tall enough so it should be possible to put that conical up. Just those f... shelves

Bending the shelf is a risky proposition at best...the coolant runs through them.

Look on CL for an upright freezer tall enough to put the Fast Ferment on the stand inside....to me that is the best way.

The height is some what problematic with that fermenter, which is why I ultimately passed on it.

Go and bend a pipe 10 times out of 10 you kink it! No flow = no chill = dudd freezer = hot fermentation = unhappy brewer:). Surely there are freebies over there if not dirt cheap buys. My ferm freezer cost 50 bucks its been running on and off for over year and half so far from 21c to cold crash.

Go and bend a pipe 10 times out of 10 you kink it! No flow = no chill = dudd freezer = hot fermentation = unhappy brewer:). Surely there are freebies over there if not dirt cheap buys. My ferm freezer cost 50 bucks its been running on and off for over year and half so far from 21c to cold crash.
Mine was $75 at a used appliance store. One thing about those old refrigerators - they seem to work forever!

Not to blow me own horn, but I guess I am or would be considered a pro. I bend pipe and work on heating and cooling coils daily. I can almost guarantee failure. That said...I guess I have seen some homeowner hack jobs that approach miracle status in the fact that whatever miraculous feat was performed, still operates.
If someone asked me, I'd refuse.

Not to blow me own horn, but I guess I am or would be considered a pro. I bend pipe and work on heating and cooling coils daily. I can almost guarantee failure. That said...I guess I have seen some homeowner hack jobs that approach miracle status in the fact that whatever miraculous feat was performed, still operates.
If someone asked me, I'd refuse.
Art vs. engineering? :)

thanks guys for that feedback. I will probably find a space for bigger freezer so that will solve my problem. I just wanted to fit in to not used garage space ( 26" width )

I got a $20 window AC unit and I'm building a wood chamber/workbench that i can roll around in the garage. Haven't started construction yet but most of the parts are acquired.

Back