Floaties in the Fermentor

Evadious

Trial Member
Reaction score
Brewing my first ever batch. I’ve had it in the fermenter for 2 weeks and when I went to check the gravity before bottling, I noticed some white snowflake like things floating on top. Is this mould? Does it mean I didn’t sterilize well enough? And most importantly, is the beer still good to bottle and drink?

Thanks

Attachments

• 4066319C-FA0D-44EA-A49A-16F1EA332EFA.jpeg
    4066319C-FA0D-44EA-A49A-16F1EA332EFA.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 209
All of my brews have had what I see there in your picture, all but one batch have been from pretty decent to great beers. Others more knowledgeable than I will chime in, but it looks good to me.

What were the target, and actual OG, and FG numbers?

What were the target, and actual OG, and FG numbers?
The OG was 1045 and the FG is 1014.

Not sure what the target was meant to be, it is an amber ale from an extract and some steeped grains. Planning to cold crash it now and then bottle on the weekend.

Last edited:
it's normal, protein and leftover fatty acids, usually there's more don't worry

Not sure what the target was meant to be, it is an amber ale from an extract and some steeped grains. Planning to cold crash it now and then bottle on the weekend.

So, ABV is a hair over 4%, let us know how it turns out

I'd only worry about it if it starts growing out across the top of the beer. This was what happened to one of mine a while back.

A0rS0BV.jpg

Back