Keg conditioning ???

Vallka

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
OK so I have cared one of my batches and want to know if I should condition the beer (not carbonate it) carbonated or non-carbonated. I'd like to have most of my beers sit for at least 1-3 months minimum before drinking them. But now being new to kegging and being able to force carb should the conditioning be done carbonated or not…… Or does it even make a difference?

if you want to store a beer don't force carb it, carbonation will be done in 2 weeks even at 10psi so if you need to store a beer or even condition it for a long period just put it on C02 at a low pressure and let it ride

I honestly don't think it matters. The main reason for some co2 pressure is to insure the lid stays sealed.
You could also naturally carb it by adding some priming sugar.
Cheers,
Brian

OK so I have cared one of my batches and want to know if I should condition the beer (not carbonate it) carbonated or non-carbonated. I'd like to have most of my beers sit for at least 1-3 months minimum before drinking them. But now being new to kegging and being able to force carb should the conditioning be done carbonated or not…… Or does it even make a difference?
I've carbonated and then taken the keg off the CO2 and conditioned in a fridge for a month. It turned out fine.

Back