Heading to Bend, OR for a beercation.

BOB357

Trial Member
Reaction score
The wife and I are meeting our daughter at Worthy Brewing for lunch tomorrow to kick off our Bend visit. We've been waiting for an opportunity to revisit Bend and go to a few breweries we missed on our last 2 trips. Best of all is we're giving up our low carb diets for the weekend and planning on eating good food until we can't move :)

Will try to post some pics and reviews if time allows.

Still can't remember who it was I was going to meet for a cold one there. Let me know if you see this and we'll try to set something up.

Hey Bob
We just returned from camping. Unpacking and smoking fish today and tomorrow. Hope the brews here have been good to you. When are you headed out of Bend?
Dan

Hey Bob
We just returned from camping. Unpacking and smoking fish today and tomorrow. Hope the brews here have been good to you. When are you headed out of Bend?
Dan

[/QUOTE
Leaving early Monday AM. Haven't had a bad beer here yet. Hit Silver Moon, Bone. Yard, Crux, Immersion and Avid Cider yesterday. Golng to hang around. Gaveston St. area today and downtown tomorrow. Let me know if you get freed up. Bob

4 pm is fine. No preference. I like both. My wife Lisa will probably want to come to town also.

4 pm is fine. No preference. I like both. My wife Lisa will probably want to come to town also.
Bend at 4 then. Wife definitely welcome. Got wife and daughter with me.

Last edited:
Great meeting with you, your wife and daughter. Lisa and I enjoyed the visit and beers (thanks). Hope the travels home were good. I’m brewing and cutting hay this week. Dan.

Nice meeting with you and Lisa as well. Maybe a longer visit next time. Have fun with the hay!

OK, almost rested up from the trip. Took a few pictures and drank a bunch of great beer. Lots of work around the house and yard amassed while we were gone so will just post the pics and a few words about each. First is Silver Moon. Kind of a neighborhood dive with great beer and grub. They were having a fund raiser for cancer research which involved really loud karaoke. Some of the performers were very talented. I can blame the fuzziness of the pic on the noise level if anyone believes me. Great use of an old tank, stick a bunch of taps on it.
0608182050_Film3_resized (3).jpg

Next is Crux. one of our favorites in Bend. Great lineup of beers with seasonal changes. We didn't eat there this trip, but last time had one of the best chilis ever. The walls were bulging and couldn't get around for any good pics, but these are a few of their tanks in a room behind the bar.
0608181826a_Film3_resized (1).jpg

Next is Immersion Brewing. Pretty new, but we have been there before. No complaints about their beers from what we tasted, but haven't eaten there. They do a you brew it thing where anyone can brew a batch on one of their small systems. Pretty good selection of extract, with specialty grain recipes to choose from. Spoke to CJ and he told me they were doing 8 to 10 of those batches per week. Here are pics of the mash tuns and grain dispensers.
0608181626_Film3_resized.jpg
and grain dispensers. The lighting and spit shine of everything made glare a real problem.

Attachments

• 0608181626b_Film3_resized.jpg
    0608181626b_Film3_resized.jpg
    804.8 KB · Views: 182
Last place I got a pic was Boneyard Beer. From what I understand they are in the process of building a brew pub, Currently the have a very small tasting room in the metal building that houses their brewery, We had a hard time getting in the door. Very popular, and for good reason. We did a flight and loved every beer.
0608181603a_Film3_resized (1).jpg

Met Dan(GroupW) and his lovely wife Lisa at Bend brewing for a beer and nice chat Sunday afternoon. Didn't get any pics, but enjoyed a damn decent beer and great company. Later that evening we ended up at Deschutes for dinner. This, our third trip to Bend was fruitful in that we hit a half dozen places we hadn't been to before as well a as few old old favorites. Still have some uncharted territory to cover there. \

Anyone looking for a great, laid back place for a great beercation? We strongly recommend Bend, OR. A big beer city with a small town attitude.

Back