1 year of brewing, six into kegs

Vallka

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
As of today, I have been brewing beer for one full year. I have brewed 23 batches, The first one was partial mash, the next 22 were all grain. 17 went into Bottles, six into kegs. I have been lucky enough to not get infected, and every batch has been a highly successful very drinkable beer I brewed a nice bitter today.
Would just like to say thank you to all of you for helping me along the way :)

As of today, I have been brewing beer for one full year. I have brewed 23 batches, The first one was partial mash, the next 22 were all grain. 17 went into Bottles, six into kegs. I have been lucky enough to not get infected, and every batch has been a highly successful very drinkable beer I brewed a nice bitter today.
Would just like to say thank you to all of you for helping me along the way :)
I guess I can't go back and edit the title, it was supposed to read
1 year of brewing

Sounds like a great first year, many more to come cheers !

Congrats on the anniversary. I just entered the hobby in February, and have just recently bottled my 6th batch. I must say that this a great community, everyone is very helpful, and never gives you the "rookie treatment". At the same time some fun is had.

Onya Valka! One year gee thats gone quick. Cheers to your success and many more tasty beverages!

Man those early years are def the most productive. I’m lucky if I get 5 batches a year these days.

Man those early years are def the most productive. I’m lucky if I get 5 batches a year these days.
CHEERS to many more ! This forum could be called Brewing Friends! It is a great place to learn and share.

Wouldn’t work in my house. I haven’t bought any beer to bring home since I started brewing again 4 years ago. And I make sure I don’t run out!

Congrats Vallka, I'm in roughly the same boat, it was about a year ago I did my first all grain batch. I still have a long way to go but it's less scary every time.

I wish I had this Internet at that stage of my brewing I had to start from scratch and learn everything from my mistakes, 35 years of brewing and over 250 batches, many were 55 pounds of grain and trust me I've a few big mistakes in my day, good luck guys

I did 3 or so batches 25 odd years ago but they didn't turn out too well,
It was so much harder back then, have a great appreciation for all you guys that stuck with it back in the prehistoric age, you made it so much easier for us now:D

Back