A few Classic Europeans...

N0mad

Trial Member
Reaction score
IMG_1825.JPG
I picked up a triple play tonight... two new ones and a repeat... just had to have another Duvel Belgian Ale

Ahhhh, good choices :)
Interesting tidbit...Erdinger has very subdued "banana" aroma/flavor compared to most german wheat beers. Which, is why I most often prefer Erdinger...unless I am in a particularly "banana" mood (rare, but does occasionally happen).

Interesting tidbit...Erdinger has very subdued "banana" aroma/flavor compared to most german wheat beers. Which, is why I most often prefer Erdinger...unless I am in a particularly "banana" mood (rare, but does occasionally happen).
Cool fermentation? I recently did a Dampfbier using the Weihenstephan strain, fermented it cooler than recommended and got a very Erdinger-like beer, very limited banana, pronounced clove.

Cool fermentation? I recently did a Dampfbier using the Weihenstephan strain, fermented it cooler than recommended and got a very Erdinger-like beer, very limited banana, pronounced clove.
Could very well be....haven't read up on it yet, but would make sense.

I may try it tonight, I've just in the last few months started drinking beer while taking an interest in analyzing different flavors in the nose and on the tongue... these German classic malty beers are just so complex... I really enjoy them.

Had the Erdinger last night it was a pleasant surprise my first Dunkel... a litter thinner than the Paulaner Salvator... really like that very small amount of sweetness in the Erdinger not too dry but nice and malty...

...a litter thinner than the Paulaner Salvator...
Probably partially due to the ~2% less ABV :p:D
...and that Salvator isn't really a wheat beeer, but just a"normal" doppelbock

Back