Picobrew U...I don't know why?

thunderwagn

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering bucking up the $189 during kickstart for one of these. Not real sure why other than I think they're cool as hell! For the $189 price tag (I've spent more than that many a time for a night of drink) I think it would be fun to toy around with!
https://u.picobrew.com/
Anyone else interested in these units?

I have the Pico C as referenced in this thread Hello From Texas which was a gift from my son i law. I've owned it since last December. It takes about 2.5 hours to brew a 5 liter (12 pack) batch and it is noisy. PicoPak's run anywhere from $22 - $28 the beers have always been very tasty and enjoyable. They are self cleaning and have many other functions as well I still use mine to bottle with as it has a closed pressurized system.

The Pico's are WiFi enabled and record your brewing sessions to your account on the Pico website each PicoPak has a printed on RFID chip that tells the unit how to brew the recipe. They are cool toys for sure...

citra-saison.png

I’m still looking for a used commercial meat slicer.
Let me know when you find one. I don’t really want to pay $400 (or way more) for one.

I have the Pico C as referenced in this thread Hello From Texas which was a gift from my son i law. I've owned it since last December. It takes about 2.5 hours to brew a 5 liter (12 pack) batch and it is noisy. PicoPak's run anywhere from $22 - $28 the beers have always been very tasty and enjoyable. They are self cleaning and have many other functions as well I still use mine to bottle with as it has a closed pressurized system.

The Pico's are WiFi enabled and record your brewing sessions to your account on the Pico website each PicoPak has a printed on RFID chip that tells the unit how to brew the recipe. They are cool toys for sure...

View attachment 3122

Thanks for your input! They say the U is much smaller and quieter. In order to save a $100, I need to pull the plug by morning.
Again, I dont need it, and the pico packs cost about as much as my 5 gallon batches, but i still think it looks and sounds cool to play around with. I've spent more on coffee makers. If nothing else, they say it brews a pretty good cup!

My wife just said that the sous vide function if it works is probably worth going in on it alone.

Worst thing I find about getting the latest thing is I gotta get rid of something that has served me well and probably will for many years to come. Getting to a point that there's a lot more thought going into new purchases.

Thanks for your input! They say the U is much smaller and quieter. In order to save a $100, I need to pull the plug by morning.
Again, I dont need it, and the pico packs cost about as much as my 5 gallon batches, but i still think it looks and sounds cool to play around with. I've spent more on coffee makers. If nothing else, they say it brews a pretty good cup!
You'll love it for sure...

A machine that can brew up a sprity soda a hoppy beer or a COFFEE is crazy cool almost too good to be true and you know what they say about that saying.... onya thunder look forward to hearing about it.

Back