Hoegaarden clone

I have never had Hoegaarden, but this is the third time in as many days I've come across it. Must be a sign. I'm going to try it. If I like it, I'll be trying to make it!

I've been meaning to post a update on this one.... Put 500 g more Malt and Flakes to this and it will be nice

Nice review. I should probably try a Hoegaarden again sometime to remember what it actually tastes like.

Follow up video!
a good lesson to all those thinking they will nail tge beer down on first attempt. great review cheerz mate! i look foward to what youve got comming up in the pipeline;).

My Texas Hoegaareden this was a 2.6 liter batch of which I bottled half and kegged the rest... first pour after 5 days in the keg, carbonation was a little high but it will level out off after another glass or two. It taste just exactly like I had planned, very good clone... this is only my second stove top BIAB batch ever... two weeks in the fermenter did not cold crash then 5 days on CO2. Pre Boil OG 1.056 - FG 1.009 6.17% ABV
Mark's Texas Hoegaarden

Depends if you Irish it up a little or not.

Uh, I don't think Hoegaarden weighs in that high. Closer to 4% if memory serves. It's a summer quencher but hey, you want a 6% Hoegaarden, it's your beer!

Uh, I don't think Hoegaarden weighs in that high. Closer to 4% if memory serves. It's a summer quencher but hey, you want a 6% Hoegaarden, it's your beer!
First time making it and the first recipe I built using Brewers Friend and the first beer I brewed on the stove top BIAB. I think my efficiency was a little high due to my inexperience.

Call it what you like but it was a very delicious beer very thirst quenching.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/641154/texas-hoegaarden

First time making it and the first recipe I built using Brewers Friend and the first beer I brewed on the stove top BIAB. I think my efficiency was a little high due to my inexperience.

Call it what you like but it was a very delicious beer very thirst quenching.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/641154/texas-hoegaarden
Glad it worked out for you! I may steal your spice amounts. Was the orange peel dried? And by chamomile tea, you mean one bag, or did you make a tea and add?

Glad it worked out for you! I may steal your spice amounts. Was the orange peel dried? And by chamomile tea, you mean one bag, or did you make a tea and add?
1.5 Tea Bags of dried tea leaf just cut them open add with the dried bitter orange and cracked coriander... I made it per the recipe and I used a refractometer and a hydrometer to verify the post boil SG and post fermentation FG... everyone know things are bigger in Texas including the beer! ;)

-- Mark

1.5 Tea Bags of dried tea leaf just cut them open add with the dried bitter orange and cracked coriander... I made it per the recipe and I used a refractometer and a hydrometer to verify the post boil SG and post fermentation FG... everyone know things are bigger in Texas including the beer! ;)

-- Mark
Fortunately that does not apply to my San Antonio wife.

Does anyone know if there is a place to get bulk bitter orange peel? Cause the LHBS is fuck off expensive but it's the only place I've been able to find that even has it.

Does anyone know if there is a place to get bulk bitter orange peel? Cause the LHBS is fuck off expensive but it's the only place I've been able to find that even has it.
Check online - I think I got my last batch of the stuff on Amazon. Look for Curacao Orange as well - another name for bitter orange.

Back