New Fermentation software

Ozarks Mountain Brewery

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
what do you think, this was made possible by our new developer Andrew and its live now, you can also visit the fermenting link at the bottom of my posts and it will lead you to my fermentation chamber

Opera Snapshot_2018-05-11_202631_grafana.ozarksmountainbrew.com.png

http://grafana.ozarksmountainbrew.com/d/LREYBN7mz/brewing-session?refresh=10s&orgId=1

thats funny, I start most beers at 62 and finish at 72, whats neat is the crazy air temp compared to the wort

It's a cool dashboard.... Where's the data coming from?

this was a huge learning curve for me, I've dabbled with the arduino for years but never went to this extent, I have an arduino yun and its hooked to two temp probes, the sketch sends the data to a database and the website reads it in real time, its a newer technology that's also being used for home automation stuff for geeks like me

trying to raise the temp to 70F now, thats why its a big difference

so this is just in what I call a test set up, ugly I know, I like the saying function before form, Ill eventually make it pretty

WP_20180512_14_31_27_Pro.jpg

whats really neat is I can control the fermentation chamber with another web script using the same arduino

Opera Snapshot_2018-05-12_152439_monitor.ozarksmountainbrew.com.png

Last edited:
i met a brewer recently that uses Arduino for his fermentation chamber i recently looked into it but yeah over my head. looks cool Oz.

its amazing what people do with arduino check it out on youtube all sorts of smarts

I picked up this old Kenmore All Fridge last week in Austin... the Ink-Bird came in yesterday... it easily holds 2 three gallon carboys... I only do 10 liter batches right now...
Fermentor.jpg

Cool, maybe someday for me. I do have the equipment, I just hate programming anything. Plus I brew to get away from IT so putting it in my brewing might not be fun.

now this is interesting, I've been testing some different temp probe placements and for years I just put my probe under the barrel to regulate the temperature

Opera Snapshot_2018-05-26_164856_grafana.ozarksmountainbrew.com.png

Interesting taped to the side and in the wort produce the same result... does that mean a thermowell may not be necessary?

its a possibility the issue would be how much insulation to prevent air from altering the probe temp, I have it with 4 layers of foil bubble right now

Seems reasonable to me. If it’s taped very tightly to the fermenter, and well insulated beyond that, the inside and side temps should be the same. There’s probably an air gap on the bottom of the fermenter throwing that reading off. Of course, the wort may have different temperatures within itself as well.

I've been using a big blob of plumbers putty to stick the temp prob on...

Back