Beer Eulogy

Medarius

Trial Member
Reaction score
I called you Vienna Weizen. You were a good beer, you will be missed. You were not the best beer I have ever had, however you were the best I have ever produced.
Your hint of spice and sweet maltiness, made me drink you faster than I should have. You will be fondly remembered, especially since you were my first dbl decoction, The great caramel flavors of your beer were worth every extra minute it took to cook.
Hopefully your soon to be bottled sibling will be just as good, hopefully better, but you will always be remembered as the 1st really really good beer that came from my brew kitchen.

You were a good beer thank you for you sacrifice. :D:D

Vienna Weizen is dead. Long live Vienna Weizen! I hope you kept a bottle to compare with your next batch of it....

Making a good batch of beer isn't the measure of a good brewer, it's making the second batch of that great beer....

Vienna Weizen is dead. Long live Vienna Weizen! I hope you kept a bottle to compare with your next batch of it....

Making a good batch of beer isn't the measure of a good brewer, it's making the second batch of that great beer....

Yes, normally I hold one back, .but the playoffs were on so drank a bit extra. Went to get another and discovered I had no more. :( Good thing my team is out now, so I can cut back a bit. :))
I have high hopes for next batch, I thought it smelled even better when cooking, put a bit carawheat in that i had left over.

So do you care now? Caps v. Bolts. ?

What? No link to the recipe?

This is not far from the Erdinger recipe you posted.... Intentional? I rather like Vienna in Weizens!

This is not far from the Erdinger recipe you posted.... Intentional? I rather like Vienna in Weizens!

Very close..just a different use of hops and more of them. Hersbrucker is my favorite hop but Erding has 3, just trying to get them right. Erdinger Weiss mit hefe is my personal favorite of all beers and all my brewing has been aimed at getting as close as I can to Erdinger. :D

chuckle for day heard this on XM today
" My girlfriend is the best woman I have ever known, great personality, beautiful, hard worker, I don't know why my wife
doesn't like her. "

Last edited:
my future ex son in law is a Caps fan. I will be watching VGK v. Jets though. Wouldn't it be something if Vegas makes the finals :) :)

My wife is of the opinion that hockey should not be played south of the Mason Dixon line. Knocks out the Caps, Bolts, Knights and Preds.

Very close..just a different use of hops and more of them. Hersbrucker is my favorite hop but Erding has 3, just trying to get them right. Erdinger Weiss mit hefe is my personal favorite of all beers and all my brewing has been aimed at getting as close as I can to Erdinger. :D

chuckle for day heard this on XM today
" My girlfriend is the best woman I have ever known, great personality, beautiful, hard worker, I don't know why my wife
doesn't like her. "
I got really close by accident.... Brewed a Dampfbier. No wheat but dang, it came out so close to an Erdinger that I'll use it as my Weizen recipe of choice. I love Erdinger as well - fruitcake in a glass. Key is the mashing - do a ferulic acid rest - and the fermentation - keep it cool (62 degrees) at the start then let it warm up to 65.

My wife is of the opinion that hockey should not be played south of the Mason Dixon line. Knocks out the Caps, Bolts, Knights and Preds.

My wife decided to start watching this year , after 4 yrs of buying my the NHL package for anniversary each year, (25year this sunday btw)
I told her maybe Vegas would be a good team since she was new fan and they are new team. She said ,they wont be good for years, and bought herself a Maple leafs jersey. She asked last week it it was too late to switch :))

I got really close by accident.... Brewed a Dampfbier. No wheat but dang, it came out so close to an Erdinger that I'll use it as my Weizen recipe of choice. I love Erdinger as well - fruitcake in a glass. Key is the mashing - do a ferulic acid rest - and the fermentation - keep it cool (62 degrees) at the start then let it warm up to 65.

Youre a tease :D say you got close and then no recipe :( I added a link to mash/decoction schedule that I will be using in recipeforum . well hell I'll just put it here too its still in buffer.

https://edelstoffquest.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/img_2331.jpg

youse talking about erdinger wheat beer? i did like their pilsiner even though i travelled half the world first.

youse talking about erdinger wheat beer? i did like their pilsiner even though i travelled half the world first.
Yes the wheat (weiss) with yeast in bottle. Didn't know Erdinger made a pilsner. Warsteiner is the only pils I remember from over there, by name.

Yes the wheat (weiss) with yeast in bottle. Didn't know Erdinger made a pilsner. Warsteiner is the only pils I remember from over there, by name.
nope you are 100% correct sorry my drunken mistake i got confused with Konig Pilsner. for some reason i thought it was Erdinger i have had their wheat beer though at Christmas time i remeber big mountainous creamy head and an orange coloured hazy effervescent beer that had some spice notes to it. continue on ....:p

this is that beer i thought was Erdinger:rolleyes:
20180317_140329.jpg

Back