Imperial Yeast

I_playdrums

Trial Member
Reaction score
Ive been checking out the new kid on the block. Anyone use their product(s)? Did you start them? 200B cells per package, seems like you could build a starter, harvest yeast off that for the bank, then pitch the rest. Any info thanks in advance.

Ive been checking out the new kid on the block. Anyone use their product(s)? Did you start them? 200B cells per package, seems like you could build a starter, harvest yeast off that for the bank, then pitch the rest. Any info thanks in advance.
Not personally, but that's all the guys at Brulosophy seem to use. They harvest by overbuilding and storing the leftovers too.

I do that all the time with wyeast so no reason you couldn't with them. I haven't seem them in Canada yet so I haven't tried them.

Imperial was started by a friend of mine. I've used the yeast (I loved the cans, but they went with new packaging this year). I've liked all of the strains I've used, and never had a slow start.

i doubt well be seeing em out here in Aus anytime soon can only hooe i suppose;).

would be cool if a company in Aus started producing yeast pouches id buy from them for sure. not enough market i suppose

I haven't used Imperial but I have used Inland Island - theirs is a small plastic bottle with 200 billion cells. I like it for things like APA where I need more cells but don't want to do a starter. I've used their Saison yeast as well with good results.

Back