Spent Grains are Hamster safe!

FredrickHomebrew

Trial Member
Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering, i went ahead and gave my hamster some of my spent grains to see what happened. he ate every bit of them about a week and a half ago and he didn't die, so that's a plus! i only gave him a small pinch of semi-dry grains as a treat, would NOT make it part of his diet! He did seem to like them so on brew days i'll be sure to give him just a small amount!

In case anyone was wondering, i went ahead and gave my hamster some of my spent grains to see what happened. he ate every bit of them about a week and a half ago and he didn't die, so that's a plus! i only gave him a small pinch of semi-dry grains as a treat, would NOT make it part of his diet! He did seem to like them so on brew days i'll be sure to give him just a small amount!
LoVE it! i reccommend movong onto a little drinky drinky for the fury little creature:D:p! i feed me chooks beer just for kicks they love it ha ha ha im not a cruel bastard though just to be sure.
they also love a small feed of a handfull of malted barley if im willing.

What? How much were you drinking when you posted that? :p

Your spelling and grammar make it damned hard to read at times. But figures, an Aussie trying to speak proper English. :p

Your spelling and grammar make it damned hard to read at times. But figures, an Aussie trying to speak proper English. :p
ah sometimes you just gotta read between tge lines;). you sound a lot like my Father hes from Great Britain where they speek (proper english):p.

you dont wanna here me speak youd be horrified:confused:.

Half my department is from Sydney and a guy I used to work with over there is a good buddy but I have no idea what the hell he's talking about most of the time.

looks like tgis threads been derailed:p. yeah its what makes the world beautiful were all different shapes sizes and colours and we all speak different even withing the same language's! oh and we all seem to like and drink different types of beers:). i gotta get to work:confused:.

Lol, pretty funny thread. My goats love our spent grains.

20181201_101549-1024x1365.jpg

Critters around here are picky. Lots of doves and quail, but neither will eat the spent grains. Sometimes songbirds will peck on it a little, but not much. Guess they're spoiled with all the bird seed we feed them.

Back