apple and pineapple cider

Brewer #132859

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi I am having a hard time finding a recipie for apple and pineapple cider so I was trying to come up with my own I was thinking of a 5ltr batch using 3ltr of apple juice and 2ltr of pineapple juice then adding yeast is there anything I'm missing out as I'm fairly new to home brew thanks

I'm lazy, or as Denny Conn would say, "pragmatic", so add concentrated flavorings to the keg with amazingly good results. So far I've done apricot, blackberry and raspberry. I get it from my LHBS and just add 4 oz. to the keg before transferring the cider in . I'm pretty sure they had pineapple on the shelf too. Some may cringe at this, but they are the same people who would have even worse reactions to the fact that I use bottled apple juice from Walmart to make the cider.

Hey, everyone who tries it doesn't stop at one glass, so it can't be too bad :)

my pineaple/ apple cider had some lemon in it too is all i can help this will probably lower PH some. i also know that heating juices can casue pectin haze issues furthur down the track if you want brilliant clarity. FWIW my batch i did was bloody scrumpulous :p in my biased books.

"ye old scrumpy"is an old English Cider just some side info.

You probably need some yeast nutrients too if you're only using juice. You might want to add some tannins as well, but it's not necessary. If you do, brew a cup of very very strong black tea or buy a small bag of tannins at your LHBS. As for yeast I would recommend WLP775, I've had great success making hard apple cider with it.

Hi I am having a hard time finding a recipie for apple and pineapple cider so I was trying to come up with my own I was thinking of a 5ltr batch using 3ltr of apple juice and 2ltr of pineapple juice then adding yeast is there anything I'm missing out as I'm fairly new to home brew thanks

Yeast nutrient isn't necessarily required, but it does help to make better cider. Also, be sure the juices don't have any preservatives. They should bee 100% with the only additive being Ascorbic Acid(vitamin C)

I made something like that and it was super acidic, not really pleasant. It did have traces of pineapple flavour, but it really wasn't nice.

my pineaple/ apple cider had some lemon in it too is all i can help this will probably lower PH some.
No backsweetening, just juices, lemon and yeast? I'd love to try again and make something scrumpulous... I was thinking to try a graf (part fruit juices, part beer wort)

I made something like that and it was super acidic, not really pleasant. It did have traces of pineapple flavour, but it really wasn't nice.

No backsweetening, just juices, lemon and yeast? I'd love to try again and make something scrumpulous... I was thinking to try a graf (part fruit juices, part beer wort)
yeah no backsweetening just dry pineapple cider twas a good droo mu next attempt was one oak chips but didnt go well i got a vinigary result. but would like to try a oaked cider again.

Nice! Maybe it depends on the juices ^^ what proportion apple/pineapple do you use?

Back