California Water

blackcats

Trial Member
Reaction score
Despite our squabbles of various sorts, Americans are all pretty much a big family as far as I'm concerned. We can't be indifferent to the travails suffered by fellow Americans in other parts of the country, and honestly call ourselves patriots or even Americans. Floods, Fires, Drought, Hurricane, economic woes, etc, they should concern us all.
more: chung cư 17 phạm hùng
Here in the west, the California drought and wildfires loom large. I've long been an advocate of a solution to the California water crisis. A multibillion dollar solution, but a far better expenditure of resources than the silly border wall. Who needs a new Berlin Wall? My solution to the California water crisis is the Columbia River. An unbelievably vast source of fresh water, most of which ends up in the ocean........ But how to get it there? it's used for shipping, irrigation, etc. You can't just dig a ditch to SOCAL and divert it, nor would that be even remotely acceptable or sane. The solution is pretty obvious when you think about it. Once the river reaches the Pacific Ocean, there are no further claims on it. It belongs to nobody. No matter how much of it you took, it would effect nobody.
more: chung cư iris garden
I propose an undersea pipeline on an unheard of scale. One many many times the dimension of the one between Turkey and Cyprus. It would be at least 100' beneath the surface, would float, being attached to mooring blocks on the seabed, and because it was undersea, it would not require any excavation, or any lift to take it over hills &c. Pumping costs would be very low due to the dimensions, and lack of any lift. Cost would be astronomical........... BUT, water has value. The products of California are of immense value, and we need to preserve this valuable asset to America. The sale of water could ultimately pay the cost of the pipeline, which would mainly supply coastal urban areas. Supplying water to these areas would free up water for agriculture and other uses away from the urban areas. Even Las Vegas would benefit, as well as other areas that depend on the Colorado River.
more: chung cư brg park residence
An infrastructure project like this would also create a lot of jobs during construction. The ultimate actual cost to the taxpayer would probably be virtually nothing. The benefits & revenue would over time exceed the expenditure.

Last edited:
I propose we use Paulo Bacigalupi's solution: Completely encase the Colorado river from Grand Junction west to allow people in Los Angeles to grow Kentucky bluegrass on their golf courses. This is spam: Please delete....

Gee he/she writes well Great SPAM wrong forum try a political one. If you were talking about an under sea mega interconnecting beer pipeline between Aus and US I just may be interested:D. Now that would take some Co2 to push it all this far!

If you were talking about an under sea mega interconnecting beer pipeline between Aus and US I just may be interested:D. Now that would take some Co2 to push it all this far!
But if we pitch the yeast just before pumping the wort, it'll be ready for cold crashing when it reaches the opposite shore. Maybe we could to a dry hop somewhere in Hawaii

Gee he/she writes well Great SPAM wrong forum try a political one. If you were talking about an under sea mega interconnecting beer pipeline between Aus and US I just may be interested:D. Now that would take some Co2 to push it all this far!
Al Gore would be thrilled! What a great way to use up all of that global CO2!!!

Wait, won't it run downhill on it's own? Or are you thinking of pushing Ozzie beer this way?

This is just sillyness. Everyone knows California has found under water pipelines to cause cancer.

Hey, they're sucking the Colorado river dry, why not the Columbia, too?

But if we pitch the yeast just before pumping the wort, it'll be ready for cold crashing when it reaches the opposite shore. Maybe we could to a dry hop somewhere in Hawaii
Yes for sure send her down through the Antarctic deep freeze afterwards for a good largering then we'll let ya know how it's tasting at the end of the line!

Had to do it: :D

1 oz every 6’ of 3/16” beer line.
~8,000 miles away (East coast of Aus to West coast of US)
8000 miles x 5,280’ per mile = 42,240,000‘
42,240,000’/6’ = 7,040,000 oz. / 128 oz. per gallon = 55,000 gallons.
Or 11,000 - 5 gallon batches of Home brew.

But we should run two lines so we can share. :D

Last edited:
That's only 1,800 barrels or so. Coors could flush the lines with one production run! But 11,000 batches, guys, we better get cranking. Better idea: Send Coors to California and keep the Colorado River running!

That's only 1,800 barrels or so. Coors could flush the lines with one production run! But 11,000 batches, guys, we better get cranking. Better idea: Send Coors to California and keep the Colorado River running!

Yup they have eliminated most of the salmon that run the rivers in California, why not the Columbia too? Nancy P. will get her done for ya;).

Yup they have eliminated most of the salmon that run the rivers in California, why not the Columbia too? Nancy P. will get her done for ya;).
Who needs a few fish anyway.... The Colorado no longer makes it to the ocean, we pump so much water out of it. And yes, I know, part of it comes across the Divide to us over in Denver so we shouldn't complain too loudly, as long as we're growing Kentucky bluegrass that requires 50 inches of rain a year in a climate that provides 15.

How about returning the cali sea lions like st bernard rescue dogs, send special gifts and have the troll pay for it :)

Back