Texas ale or lager?

jmcnamara

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Recently, I found out that Texas had an archaic law that any beer above 4% had to be called an ale. Thankfully, that was overturned in the courts a few years ago.
What kind of puritan, non beer drinking person thought that up, and then who agreed with them that it was a good idea?!?!

Texas has some strange laws, not sure if it still exists but in the past if you registered as husband and wife in a motel, you were legally married and responsible for that woman

Recently, I found out that Texas had an archaic law that any beer above 4% had to be called an ale. Thankfully, that was overturned in the courts a few years ago.
What kind of puritan, non beer drinking person thought that up, and then who agreed with them that it was a good idea?!?!
A Texas Baptist. And Colorado has the "common law marriage" as well: If you represent yourself as husband and wife, you's hitched.

The bible belt has all sort of strange "Blue" laws. i.e. in certain counties you can not buy metal on Sundays, knives, aluminum foil ,grill tools etc .Discovered that law when helped the aunt move and she wanted to grill steaks for the helpers :))

Back