Let's get my beer brewing Cherry get pop

The Belgian

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Sebastien i'm originally from Belgium and moved to Connecticut 3 or 4 years a go.
Like every Belgian, i do love a good beer and I have to say, not always easy to find a good Belgian one around my area.

So, I decided that it was time to try to make my own clone beer.

the only little issue I got so far is:
"I have no idea where to get any of the supply's and recipe for the clones that i want to make and most important, where do I start :D "

I believe that Youtube is going to become a good friend and hope that I can get some help with this forum.

Thanks for your time and enjoy a nice cold one.

Sebastien.

Hi everyone, my name is Sebastien i'm originally from Belgium and moved to Connecticut 3 or 4 years a go.
Like every Belgian, i do love a good beer and I have to say, not always easy to find a good Belgian one around my area.

So, I decided that it was time to try to make my own clone beer.

the only little issue I got so far is:
"I have no idea where to get any of the supply's and recipe for the clones that i want to make and most important, where do I start :D "

I believe that Youtube is going to become a good friend and hope that I can get some help with this forum.

Thanks for your time and enjoy a nice cold one.

Sebastien.
Hello, asprit 5. Depending on where you live in Connecticut, there are at least three homebrew supply stores you can visit: "Epic Homebrew" in Brookfield; "Brew and Wine" in East Hartfield, and "Maltose Export" in Monroe. As for recipes, there are numerous recipes that you can find online, depending on what types of Belgian clones you would like to make. You can find these recipes online, or in various clone beer books. Which type of Belgian beers do you prefer?

Hello, asprit 5. Depending on where you live in Connecticut, there are at least three homebrew supply stores you can visit: "Epic Homebrew" in Brookfield; "Brew and Wine" in East Hartfield, and "Maltose Export" in Monroe. As for recipes, there are numerous recipes that you can find online, depending on what types of Belgian clones you would like to make. You can find these recipes online, or in various clone beer books. Which type of Belgian beers do you prefer?

Hi, I love trappist, triples, Belgian Strong Pale Ale, Strong Ale beer, Amber, ...

Hi, I love trappist, triples, Belgian Strong Pale Ale, Strong Ale beer, Amber, ...
Have you read "Brewing Like a Monk", by Stan Hieronymus? With your interest, I strongly recommend this book. It discusses Trappist, Abbey and Strong Belgian Ales (e.g. Achel, Chimay, Orval, Rochefort, Westmalle and Westvleteren) and how to brew them. It includes recipes for Blonde Ales, Golden and Strong, Tripel, Dubbel, and Dark Strong Ale. I have made a Westvleteren clone (has now aged for 3 years) and if interested, I can direct you to the best source clone recipe that I know of (a very long forum discussion that addresses just about every aspect of brewing this clone - the result is extremely close).

Last edited:
Have you read "Brewing Like a Monk", by Stan Hieronymus? With your interest, I strongly recommend this book. It discusses Trappist, Abbey and Strong Belgian Ales (e.g. Achel, Chimay, Orval, Rochefort, Westmalle and Westvleteren) and how to brew them. It includes recipes for Blonde Ales, Golden and Strong, Tripel, Dubbel, and Dark Strong Ale. I have made a Westvleteren clone (has now aged for 3 years) and if interested, I can direct you to the best source clone recipe that I know of (a very long forum discussion that addresses just about every aspect of brewing this clone - the result is extremely close).

I actually order that book, just waiting to arrive.
I would love to see that forum you are talking about it.
Thanks John.

Last edited:
I actually order that book, just waiting to arrive.
I would love to see that forum you are talking about it.
Thanks John.
It's an incredibly long thread, and it's certainly worth reading, but the revised recipe is in the first post. Somewhere in there I posted a summary of all the important points up to that point in time.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/the-pious-westvleteren-12-style-quad-multiple.147815/

This recipe is about as close a clone as you can get. Just make sure to follow the directions fairly closely.

This is another very long continuation of that same thread. The recipe in the first post is an update or modification of the original recipe. This recipe is as good if not better. The revised recipe is actually by one of the owners of Candi-Syrup (e.g. D-180), which s an essential ingredient.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/westvleteren-12-clone-multiple-award-winner.500037/

Last edited:
Welcome from Canada.

Back