hop utilisation in recipe editor - flame out?

willyroyale

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi

my recipe calls for a bunch of hop additions at flameout. how do I account this in the recipe editor? recipe boiled for 0 minutes .

thanks

Hi

my recipe calls for a bunch of hop additions at flameout. how do I account this in the recipe editor? recipe boiled for 0 minutes .

thanks
Yep if you toss em in at zero but don't immediately chill than 0 min with ? (Extended chill time 10 mins?) or do a so called hop stand which in my experience doesn't contribute much extra Bittering to the beer. Chill the wort to near 80c then throw in thenhopstand hops and let them sit for half hour. Give the pot a stir every now and again in the rest. Then chill her down as per usual.

ok thanks. so for the recipe builder tool, id add the hops as a hop stand? though I don't understand your advice:

"Yep if you toss em in at zero but don't immediately chill than 0 min with ? (Extended chill time 10 mins?)"

cheers

If you were going to throw in your hops at 0 minutes and let them steep for 10 minutes let's say you could use the extended chill time to then represent aditional IBUs. See pic I don't it's was just a suggestion. Hops in wort above 80c continue to give off bitterness or Isomerise I'm sure it's called.

I do the hop stand because I'm not looking for extra bitterness at this stage I'm looking for flavour and aroma.

That's in the more drop down box in recipie calculator.

image.png

Back