What are you reading? (Brewing related)

So does anybody know if any of the titles above are in audio books? I would like to start getting some of those titles as i drive 30 to 40 min each way to work. Never looked into audio books at all.

So does anybody know if any of the titles above are in audio books? I would like to start getting some of those titles as i drive 30 to 40 min each way to work. Never looked into audio books at all.
Hmm, not sure? Lots of books these days on the playstore are available in audio. The biggest downfall imo though is that they are read in computer generated voice. Bad as far as I'm concerned. You need a good voice for audio books and in my mind, most brewing books are rather bland and read in a bland voice? blah.

I have about the same commute time. I listen to several different brewing podcasts, fitness related casts, etc. Mike Rowe has a podcast that is really short and reminds me of the old Paul Harvey type blurp. Good to burn a few a minutes off the commute.

I'm listening to Brulosophy's podcast these days and just audio books from Audible. I haven't honestly looked to see if there are any brewing ones in there.

Ive found brewing radio podcasts on Sticher i think its called. Also brulosophy podcasts on there too.

I'm taking recommendations on some advanced brewing books - the mass market ones just aren't doing it for me any more.

The Brewer's Handbook. I'm not getting much from the mass market stuff any more.

Gose by Fal Allen.
https://www.brewerspublications.com/products/gose-brewing-a-classic-german-beer-for-the-modern-era
I purchased this on Google Play with a hefty discount. I paid less than $10 for it. While informative, I found it very dry and pretty boring. You can learn about the style and history, but it's repetitive and could have been summed up in a LOT less pages.
I was also disappointed in the recipe section. One thing that bothers me is when weights are used instead of percentages. Not a huge deal, and it's just personal opinion, but I really like to see both in a book. The recipe section just begins. There's zero explanation given about efficiency, methods used, assumptions, or anything. The entire recipe section just felt like a 'token' and nothing more.
This book may be right up some's alley, but I was a bit disappointed this go around with Fal A. Before purchase, I would recommend checking out a preview online or seeing if an online digital library edition exists.

Fifth book in a series: The Fixer by Rex Carpenter. Great if you like action.

Fifth book in a series: The Fixer by Rex Carpenter. Great if you like action.
Brewing related? I have two brewing history books to work through when I have time.

The Fixer is hardly brewing related, but I do have Cantwell's Eclectic IPAs on my nightstand.

Eclectic IPAs is interesting, but not an easy read. Cantwell has a habit of trying to fit the entire Webster's Dictionary into each paragraph. I am exaggerating, but it sometimes seems true.

Eclectic IPAs is interesting, but not an easy read. Cantwell has a habit of trying to fit the entire Webster's Dictionary into each paragraph. I am exaggerating, but it sometimes seems true.
Thanks, I'm not a big fan of that kind of writing too, at least in non fiction
I was moreso interested in his recipes...particularly one that can only be done in certain states...

I've read it up to where the recipes start. Usually don't buy brewing books for the recipes, though I will peruse them looking for novel ideas.

I've read it up to where the recipes start. Usually don't buy brewing books for the recipes, though I will peruse them looking for novel ideas.
And wouldn't you know it? The preview pages I found started the recipe part but then redacted the next 2 pages...tricksy hobbitss

Back