How long will it last?

Weardend

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi

I brewed a pin full of ordinary bitter before Christmas and barrelled it on 15/12 intending to open it and consume it very New Year. Anyway due to over production I don't need it

Question - how long should it keep before in need to crack on and drink it. It's 4.5% and the barrel has not been tapped.

One time I went to bottle a batch and grabbed a case of empties, except they weren’t. I hadn’t used those bottles in a year. The beer in them was fine. I’d say if you purged the air out of the barrel when you you packaged it, replacing it with CO2, you’ll be fine for quite a while. Heck, save it until next year! Keep it cold if you can.

One time I went to bottle a batch and grabbed a case of empties, except they weren’t. I hadn’t used those bottles in a year. The beer in them was fine. I’d say if you purged the air out of the barrel when you you packaged it, replacing it with CO2, you’ll be fine for quite a while. Heck, save it until next year! Keep it cold if you can.
I have three years old beer in my stock, perfectly drinkable. With decent sanitation you can expect at least six months from a normal strength beer.

Should keep for a long time, if you primed the beer when barreling. Keep cool 8c - 12c, should last at least six months, probably more.

I reckon it'll be perfect for a BBQ in May/June.

Back