Late Christmass Order

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
So I just got word that I'm to supply some grog for this years Chrissy Doo at the Missus family's place this year.
Year by year we take it in turn who's family gets Christmas one year mine next hers. Anyhow if I'd of known earlier I could of prepared some Pilsner Or Ozark's blonde but what I've got in stock will have to do...

I've got my saison. phew tick
My Eureka pale l4% ale tick
But other than that I've got dribs and drabs some left over stout I'm not too sure on that one as in no stout fans

And I've got my bunyip 2 in the burner but he will be pushing it for Christmas Day yes new years but Chrissy will be an under carbed affairo_O.

So I gotta transport this beer 300k. I first thought of JAs garbage bin ice slurry trick but I'm not sure I've got the portability to do this. So bottleing it is... For someone that kegs I ain't got a lot lying around anymore:rolleyes: the odd longneck but that's all.

I'm leaning toward them plastic PET brown 750ml screw tops from the brew store I think you can pick me up for like $15.
I'll over carb me brew chill it low to get as much 02 in it as possible then purge and transfer it low @2psi into receiving bottle? I don't like doing this with plastic as it like to expand and reduce carbonation.

Is my process on track what would you do?

Honestly on such short notice (Brewing wise) take some samples of what ya got and buy them some good craft beer samples that they may like. You didn't say how many people to serve. Samples tend to be more special if fewer of them. Unless the misses says different then do what she says ;)

Honestly on such short notice (Brewing wise) take some samples of what ya got and buy them some good craft beer samples that they may like. You didn't say how many people to serve. Samples tend to be more special if fewer of them. Unless the misses says different then do what she says ;)
Maybe 5 max so no real big deal I suppose I'll buy a 15 pack of screw top 750ml bottles and fill them and that'll do.

Heck it means I've garunteed myself plenty supply:p.

Maybe 5 max so no real big deal I suppose I'll buy a 15 pack of screw top 750ml bottles and fill them and that'll do.

Heck it means I've garunteed myself plenty supply:p.
Go out, buy some craft beer, peel the labels off and put yours on! Problem solved!

I have about 1000, instead of labels I use colored stickers on the cap so right now pale ale is yellow, amber bock is black, brown ale is purple and IPA is of course green

I have about 1000, instead of labels I use colored stickers on the cap so right now pale ale is yellow, amber bock is black, brown ale is purple and IPA is of course green
Whatdyamean you've got 1000 bottles?
I did a big throw away before I moved to my new joint. Every bin day I'd fill remaining recycle bin space with bottles.

So I've had my regulator at 16PSI for 24 hrs fridge is set as low as I can put it to 2c so my two kegs are over carbed I'll purge kegs and dial up regulator to a slow tickle flow and fill them bottles today. I've just started crashing my bunyip 2 now so I'll throw the bottles in there untill the Christmas treck up the coast.

Looking forward to it I know the local HBS owner up Harvey Bay has this year opened a brew pub so want to at least work my way through his tap selection whilst he's open up there.

Cheers Nosey that would be the easy way out but I couldn't stand taking credit for beer that wasn't mine. I harp on about it enough to them :p so might as well over indulge ourselves with it!

I was exaggerating, I have a bunch, all in original six pack packing, the kind I buy is
WP_20171216_001.jpg

Back