Oddball Ingredients!

ACBEV

Trial Member
Reaction score
As a home brewer like most I'm not constrained by brewing conventions or beer styles, I can do what I want. Often when shopping I see a product on the shelve and think, that might be good in beer!

Recently I bought a jar of Basra Date Syrup and put it in my brewing cupboard.
https://www.souschef.co.uk/date-syrup.html

It would be interesting to know what oddball ingredients you have bought or used in beer.

Dandelion! Leaves flowers stalks and all:confused:! Not a good result:p.

Ive tried lots of fruits pears apples strawberries pineapples mangos ginger lemongrass blueberries raspberries vanilla oak chips lemons and their zest passionfruit even once some liquorice :eek:. Spices too all to varyig degrees of succes knowing how much when to add and what type of style is the key.

Tried stevia once, to sweeten a beer without adding body. Note the emphasis on the once. Annatto, chipotle peppers....

Not too oddball but I've added honey with great success. Spiced a winter beer with nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon. Also Earl Grey Tea into a British Mild.

And? I'm an adventurous eater but can't imagine what that may have tasted like just because I can't bring myself to try blood. :(
Plenty of iron I'd say use in a stout style now that would bring it plenty of body:confused::eek:!

Yeah I wouldn't drink it could be some voodoo potion and turn me into an even uglier frog:D!​

Plenty of iron I'd say use in a stout style now that would bring it plenty of body:confused::eek:!

Yeah I wouldn't drink it could be some voodoo potion and turn me into an even uglier frog:D!​

Halloween beer maybe. Pretty gross though.

Back