Hello World

AsharaDayne

Trial Member
Reaction score
I got into brewing when my buddy received a kit for his birthday but couldn't be bothered actually making it. I enjoy cooking and brewing is really quite similar. I just make what I call "kitchen ales" on my stovetop, with extract and some grains for fun.
When it comes to beer, I'm more into hops. My fave mainstream beers were Pilsner Urquell and the czech Budweiser - well they still are actually. Then when I discovered the craft beer culture and IPAs, I was mindblown.

Now I'm a little disenchanted with the hop-forward styles, because I feel like everywhere you turn it's Cascade, Amarillo, Citra, with a choice of Chinook Columbus Simcoe Mosaic. Even here in Europe, you'd be hard-pressed finding any hoppy beer that isn't either a pilsener or filled with those good ole US hops. Of course, it's yummy and I'm not bashing the american hops - it's just sad when something becomes inevitable and stereotypical.

So in my beers, I've transitioned to a research into hoppy beers with European hops, trying to brew up something awesome made with our local goods. Well that's the theory - in practice I love Glacier and I'm often tempted by the NZ creations. Still, I try to keep it mostly local, and at least to steer away from the usual hopspects. The Huell institute is pumping out some cool stuff, there's Barbe Rouge... I have high hopes.

I got into brewing when my buddy received a kit for his birthday but couldn't be bothered actually making it. I enjoy cooking and brewing is really quite similar. I just make what I call "kitchen ales" on my stovetop, with extract and some grains for fun.
When it comes to beer, I'm more into hops. My fave mainstream beers were Pilsner Urquell and the czech Budweiser - well they still are actually. Then when I discovered the craft beer culture and IPAs, I was mindblown.

Now I'm a little disenchanted with the hop-forward styles, because I feel like everywhere you turn it's Cascade, Amarillo, Citra, with a choice of Chinook Columbus Simcoe Mosaic. Even here in Europe, you'd be hard-pressed finding any hoppy beer that isn't either a pilsener or filled with those good ole US hops. Of course, it's yummy and I'm not bashing the american hops - it's just sad when something becomes inevitable and stereotypical.

So in my beers, I've transitioned to a research into hoppy beers with European hops, trying to brew up something awesome made with our local goods. Well that's the theory - in practice I love Glacier and I'm often tempted by the NZ creations. Still, I try to keep it mostly local, and at least to steer away from the usual hopspects. The Huell institute is pumping out some cool stuff, there's Barbe Rouge... I have high hopes.
Gday but havnt you frequented this forum before unless youve got a double. Cheers anyway;).

Back