App deleted all of my local data on iPad

nikseven

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi there, about to start my brew day here, launched the app on my iPad, and everything is gone. The Recipes tab reads "You have not created any recipes", Brew Sessions tab "You have not created any brew sessions", my equipment settings are no longer saved, nothing. I just used the app last week with no problems. Everything is still working fine if I open the app on my iPhone, everything is fine on the desktop version, but on my iPad (which is what I usually use on brew day) it's all gone!

Any insight?

As a bit of further info, I just hit "sync now" within the app, and it synced only the most recent recipe that I built on the desktop version last night and the brew session I just initiated on the desktop version. None of my other recipes, brew sessions, or equipment settings synced.

This is app version 1.9.8

Is the app on your iPhone showing all of the recipes that are on the desktop? If so, uninstall the app from the iPad, and reinstall, and then sync.

I bought the app for my iPhone a while back and have built a few recipes. They’re all missing today. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but they’re still missing. Please help.

I bought the app for my iPhone a while back and have built a few recipes. They’re all missing today. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but they’re still missing. Please help.

If they weren't sync'd to the desktop version, I can't retrieve them. Where they there before, and then suddenly gone the next time you opened the app?

Could this be the reason?

Attachments

• 4162EB1D-F4F9-4106-8B0B-46F001738F2F.jpeg
    4162EB1D-F4F9-4106-8B0B-46F001738F2F.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 292
If they weren't sync'd to the desktop version, I can't retrieve them. Where they there before, and then suddenly gone the next time you opened the app?

They were there on Monday, but I got a new phone on Monday night and downloaded the app again. I don’t recall if they automatically showed up once I downloaded the app, but could that be the reason? Also, I had tried to sync with the website, but I think I have to subscribe as a premium member to do that, right?

They were there on Monday, but I got a new phone on Monday night and downloaded the app again. I don’t recall if they automatically showed up once I downloaded the app, but could that be the reason? Also, I had tried to sync with the website, but I think I have to subscribe as a premium member to do that, right?
I think it may be because I got a new phone and after downloading the app again, it didn’t keep the recipes.

How did you back up your data? Did you have it set to back up in Icloud, and then restore from Icloud with your new phone? The app doesn't "hold" data, it's just the app. The data is stored on your end.

I would guess that recipes would’ve migrated if you backed up your old phone and then used that backup to sync your new phone. Without Brewers Friend paid subscription, your recipes can not or will not migrate through the BF cloud.

Back