What are you reading? (Brewing related)

jmcnamara

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
What brewing book are you reading?
I've got a 1994 copy of Charlie Papazian's The Home Brewer's Companion to start soon

Working my way through the Brewing Elements series again. I've finished Water, gave me a lot of good info to use, now I'm working through the book on yeast. I'm running into the problem that most of what's readily available is too elementary and the really good ones are too expensive.

Technology malting and brewing by Wolfgang Kunze, for the 6th time, I reference it constantly.

I'm reading Farmhouse Ales: Culture and Craftsmanship in the European Tradition by Phil Markowski.

Working my way through the Brewing Elements series again. I've finished Water, gave me a lot of good info to use, now I'm working through the book on yeast. I'm running into the problem that most of what's readily available is too elementary and the really good ones are too expensive.
I've got the one on hops, and I just couldn't get into it. It read very dry and like a textbook to me, at least the little bit that I did read

Water: A comprehensive guide for brewers
(Brewing Elements)
Very deep but still a huge amount of info I can use.
Will refer back to this quite a bit I can tell. Wanted to understand the water portion of brewing completely and this has it.

Google Play has a special $3 off when you purchase a book for at least $5 so I purchased Jennifer Talley's Session Beers, the other day. It was already on sale for $9.99.

I saw AHA has a sale on their books, 35% off i think. I might pick up one or two. you've got to be a member though

Google Play has a special $3 off when you purchase a book for at least $5 so I purchased Jennifer Talley's Session Beers, the other day. It was already on sale for $9.99.
I have that one. It's worth the read (if you're not into brewing huge beers, as I'm not).

ok Ive got this one booked marked "Brewing Classic Styles, 80 Winning Recipes Anyone Can Brew – Jamil Zainasheff, John Palmer" its a web book so I skim it now and again

I have that one. It's worth the read (if you're not into brewing huge beers, as I'm not).
I like it. I find Jennifer Talley interesting, and I do like brewing smaller beers most times. Well worth what I paid for it.

ok Ive got this one booked marked "Brewing Classic Styles, 80 Winning Recipes Anyone Can Brew – Jamil Zainasheff, John Palmer" its a web book so I skim it now and again

Good recipes to use alone or as a starting place for styles you want to create your own of. We have several of our own recipes that started with one of these then changed this or that . Good beginner and up book with all recipes done with extract and all grain conversions.

Nothing at the moment, but I know there will be a copy of John Palmer's Water under the Christmas tree for me. Just finished rereading Hops and Yeast, and hope to be getting Malt in the new year. Also recently read Brewing Better Beer by Gordon Strong.

Still reading and rereading technology malting and brewing by Wolfgang Kunze.

Also reading translated papers from narziss.

And just started researching oak barrel fermenting, i have an Oktoberfest recipe that I'm happy with, now I would like to try it as original as possible, straight from the barrel.

I'm reading "Brew" by James Morton, more of a beginners book for any of the less experienced home brewers.

I'm considering picking up Mitch Steele's Ipa book.

Back