eek I Just bought beer

Ozarks Mountain Brewery

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
I know right, who would do such a thing, well I'm almost out of home brew and I never run out, only twice in 5 years have i had that problem but the real issue is I bought BUD a 24 pack of warm beer at the store I was at just in case, so I get home and was thinking lets dig into this, well its not the same as yesteryear ill tell you that, its got that same oily texture that a lot on new breweries have to it, not really bad just not the same, so I down a couple then a couple more and realize I'm not even buzzed, I'm on 5 and its only the same as my first home brew beer buzz, am I the only one that realize this or am I just an alky lol

I know right, who would do such a thing, well I'm almost out of home brew and I never run out, only twice in 5 years have i had that problem but the real issue is I bought BUD a 24 pack of warm beer at the store I was at just in case, so I get home and was thinking lets dig into this, well its not the same as yesteryear ill tell you that, its got that same oily texture that a lot on new breweries have to it, not really bad just not the same, so I down a couple then a couple more and realize I'm not even buzzed, I'm on 5 and its only the same as my first home brew beer buzz, am I the only one that realize this or am I just an alky lol
I bought several "reference" beers yesterday, a Saison DuPont, a Schwarzbier, a Dunkel. Sometimes you have to buy something else just to compare. Oh, you bought THAT stuff.... Well, after doing the walk of shame to the counter to pay for it, I see you had the decency to consume it in the privacy of your own home. :)

Someone at a party handed me a Miller a while back. Its signature flavor is DMS and I couldn't get by it. Nasty stuff, tasted like drinking my mom's cabbage stew, only chilled.

i can't get over that DMS too, now that i know what to look for.
and OMB, i agree with you, i can't seem to get drunk on that stuff

We get some Bush Light to take out in boat or such. Hard to drink enough to cop a buzz. Water sometimes is more refreshing.

I only drink bottled water at the lake, its too hot here for beer, I would be dosing off too much

We get the cheap stuff cause all American large brewer lagers pretty much taste the same to us more or less.

I looked at all the cheapest beer that day and they all were the same price so i just went for something I hadn't had in years, funny I'm 350 miles from the BUD headquarters and haven't had it in 20 years, I was a Coors man in my youth

I'm 30 miles as the crow flies from the Coors brewery. I remember when it was a major thing to get a Coors back east. Now we use it as a base beer for sensory tests, it's that bland.

It’s like a cracker between wines!

Must be like our XXXX here in Aus. I find the more I go down the craft beer gambit the less appealing big comercial beer is to me. If I'm at the bottle'o I'm browsing for a local craft beer option first knowing I'll probably appreciate this more and probably be inspired to try and brew something like it.

We stop by the craft brew shop nearby to try out different styles and brands to help us refine what we like and don't like.

We stop by the craft brew shop nearby to try out different styles and brands to help us refine what we like and don't like.
+1
By trying different styles and brands it gives you lots of ideas on how to tweak to your liking. Now watch, Ozarks is going to be dragging out the old bud clone recipe and tweaking it.:p

Sunday must've been a 'bud' type of day...we have a friend who works at the brewery and gives up cases. I don't mind. The suds are good for weekend house chores and such. Sunday I think I had 312 Urban Wheat, Mich Amber Bock, and several different Shock Tops. I got no complaints...

Which begs the question... have you tried to formulate a recipe for it? :D

this will get you close, the water is going to be off for most people

FERMENTABLES:
8 lb - American - Pale 2-Row (83.7%)
0.75 lb - American - Caramel / Crystal 40L (7.8%)
0.5 lb - American - Carapils (Dextrine Malt) (5.2%)
5 oz - American - Roasted Barley - (late addition) (3.3%)

HOPS:
2 oz - Hallertau Hersbrucker, 45 min, IBU: 29.35

MASH GUIDELINES:
1) Infusion, Temp: 154 F, Time: 90 min
Starting Mash Thickness: 1.5 qt/lb

YEAST:
Fermentis / Safale - Saflager - German Lager Yeast W-34/70

this is what bud tasted like to me its completely different than I remember and not bad out of a glass

8.5 lb - American - Pale 2-Row (87.2%)
1 lb - Flaked Corn (10.3%)
0.25 lb - American - Carapils (Dextrine Malt) (2.6%)

1 oz - Cluster, Type: Pellet, AA: 6.5, Use: Boil for 30 min, IBU: 19.7

Fermentis / Safale - Saflager - German Lager Yeast W-34/70

Back