Brand New Keg - BUT was in hurry and forgot to sanitize.

stever

Premium Member
Reaction score
So, I have been brewing for several years, and have not made a mistake like this before.
I was caught up in a hurry to get a blonde Ale kegged. Well, I always used PBW, then starsan on all my kegs everytime before racking the beer in keg. This time I used my usual first step, PBW, rinsed very well (and I mean very well) including disassembly and sanitizing the tubes and connects (I know, what the ????, not the keg?), but totally overlooked and forgot to add my sanitizer to the keg and rinse. I went right into kegging the brew after putting tubes and connects back onto the Corny Keg. This was a Brand NEW Corny keg fresh out of the packaging too.

What do you all think?... I am really hoping I am safe and didn't cause my beer and work to go bad. And yes, I most definitively won't overlook this full step again, whether it turns out ok or not.

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks,
Steve

I bet it’s fine. I know there’s an exbeeriment somewhere where some skipped every sanitation step on purpose. There was no noticeable difference, if I recall.

I use OneStep only on my kegs. It’s not rated as a sanitizer. Haven’t had an infected keg yet.

Water from your tap from a municipal water system is sanitary. It is tested on a regular basis. The only chance for baddies is from the screen in your faucet where there is prolonged contact with air. If you rinsed well to get the cleaner out your chances are slim to none of an infection.RDWHAHB:D

Thanks everyone...I am kind of a sanitize freak:eek:, so I freaked! a bit I think..
I'll let you know.

I bet it’s fine. I know there’s an exbeeriment somewhere where some skipped every sanitation step on purpose. There was no noticeable difference, if I recall.

I use OneStep only on my kegs. It’s not rated as a sanitizer. Haven’t had an infected keg yet.

exbeeriment
I like that..haven't heard that before..

Back