Custom Fermentables bug

Grey Cat Brewing

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Problem: 'Mashed' checkbox under custom fermentable always returns to being 'checked' regardless of what you set it at.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. New recipe
  2. Add a custom fermentable
  3. Add your PPG, Lovi and check off 'Late Addition', leave 'Mashed' unchecked
  4. Save the recipe
  5. Click on VIEW or something else to leave the Edit page
  6. Edit the recipe again and 'Mashed' will be checked. This erroneously changes the fermentable's OG.
I've only ever added one or two custom fermentables, but i noticed this on my most recent recipe. Let me know if you need further clarification.

EDIT: This happens in Chrome and Firefox

Ross

Problem: 'Mashed' checkbox under custom fermentable always returns to being 'checked' regardless of what you set it at.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. New recipe
  2. Add a custom fermentable
  3. Add your PPG, Lovi and check off 'Late Addition', leave 'Mashed' unchecked
  4. Save the recipe
  5. Click on VIEW or something else to leave the Edit page
  6. Edit the recipe again and 'Mashed' will be checked. This erroneously changes the fermentable's OG.
I've only ever added one or two custom fermentables, but i noticed this on my most recent recipe. Let me know if you need further clarification.

EDIT: This happens in Chrome and Firefox

Ross

What are you entering for your custom fermentable that is not mashed?

What are you entering for your custom fermentable that is not mashed?

Most often it's sugar, either sucanat or different gravity soft candi sugar. I don't mash those, but need to approximate OG closer. It will remind me to add late addition fermentables during the boil. Technically, I can add the sugar to 'other ingredients' for a reminder, but it doesn't count it to my starting gravity.

Ross

Most often it's sugar, either sucanat or different gravity soft candi sugar. I don't mash those, but need to approximate OG closer. It will remind me to add late addition fermentables during the boil. Technically, I can add the sugar to 'other ingredients' for a reminder, but it doesn't count it to my starting gravity.

Ross

Adding sugar to the custom fermentables is the way to do it- but it's not mashed and the DP power is always 0 in sugars.

I use chrome on the desktop, and cannot recreate your issue. Here's my screenshot:
screenshot.png

Interesting..

When you save it are you leaving that screen (go to the recipes menu or something) then coming back in an reloading the edit window?

Back