what style beer should I brew?

Reaction score
When I brew, I tend to stay in my comfort zone and brew in the same styles a lot. I have done Wheats, Pilsners, IPAs, DIPAs, Imperial IPAs, Stouts, Porters, Browns, Saisons and a Dampfbier.

I like to branch out and try new styles. I have been thinking a Parti-Gyle. But I am open to almost any style. What would you suggest? No need for recipes, I can find them myself. I am just curious on style beers that people like that I may not be familiar with. I can not Lager which is my only drawback.

What would you suggest? Altbier? Biere de Garde? Festbier? Something else?

Saison a fruity saison my passionfruit saison was good 500g pasteurised passionfruit after primary fermentation coupled with galaxy hops mmm yes unforgettable:p. Only thing is landing yourself that much passionfruit...

Parti gyle is a method not a style .
Altbier is a good thing when done properly and left it 6 months late for a festbier ( so did I )
since our seasons are reversed maybe I should do my o'fest now and drink it in march .
Next up in my brewing there's a Vienna lager , neipa and an esb

Altbier is a good thing when done properly and left it 6 months late for a festbier ( so did I )
since our seasons are reversed maybe I should do my o'fest now and drink it in march .
Vienna lager please Mark ive not brewed one of these... just vienna on that one?

Off top of my head it'll be 85% Vienna , 10% Munich 2 and 5% meldonin
hopwise all tett since I was given 750 g of fresh whole cones and likely danish lager yeast if I can get it

Off top of my head it'll be 85% Vienna , 10% Munich 2 and 5% meldonin
hopwise all tett since I was given 750 g of fresh whole cones and likely danish lager yeast if I can get it
I tried tett in my marzan brew yes spice no aroma but nice bitterness. Ive got some sazz leftover from pilsners but im thinking this may not work on vienna lager maybe some spalta or pearl? I suppise tettnang is simmilar to them. Im complexed about motueka b sazz though my gladfield lager gives me no floral. Wife recons fruit:rolleyes: but i put 300g of munich in there and all i can smell is malt it attenuated to 1.010 so underattenuation smcan be crossed off.
Anyhow my marzen had some melanoidin i see it cops a bit of hard time in here as unnecessary but i didnt get any crazy sweetness from that brew so im happy with it. That marzen was good but not spectacular though:p. Im trying out a new lager yeast chezch budejovice yeast it takes its merry time but leaves you a nice dry finnish. Yet to make my mind up with this one only 2 brews in both plenty malty lagers. Next will probably be a vienna lager im thinking of throwing 500g of wheat malt at it for heado_O. What yeast you thinking of in that lager Mark?

How about a Kolsch!
i partygyled a small batch of an 8.5% stout some time ago,it worked but to be honest i wouldn't bother again.

Last edited:
I understand parti-gale is a method. I just didn't type it out. I'm debating doing one and the style to accompany it. I like to do beer styles that have not been seen much in New Hampshire hence why I do saisons and the Dampfbier (if you have a chance to do a Dampfbier, it's awesome and I won gold in the light category with it at a local competition).

How about a Kolsch!
i partygyled a small batch of an 8.5% stout some time ago,it worked but to be honest i wouldn't bother again.
I've debated a Kolsche to be honest. Wanted to do one but have yet to pull the trigger. I think my next wil be a Hefe but I can easily go any which way. That's why I turned to you all. Hoping you guys have styles you've done that I have not and would tempt me to try. I've read the downsides to Parti-Giles, mainly you get one strong beer and a pretty watery second beer. I'm in the fence for it. Thanks for your input.

If you want to improve your brewing, helles. It will break your heart and show you every flaw in your process.
I've debated a belles but which one? Bock? Munich? I haven't looked to deeply in to it, I will admit. Mainly at the grain bill and hop schedules involved. It does not need to be lagered, correct? Or does it? If so, I am incapable of lager in god at present moment. Thank you for your input.

Saison a fruity saison my passionfruit saison was good 500g pasteurised passionfruit after primary fermentation coupled with galaxy hops mmm yes unforgettable:p. Only thing is landing yourself that much passionfruit...
I've done 2 Saisons already (3 if you count the Dampfbier which tastes like a saison). Looking for something different. Thanks for your input.

I've done 2 Saisons already (3 if you count the Dampfbier which tastes like a saison). Looking for something different. Thanks for your input.
Ok well will be interesting what you end up brewing. Abother method in lagers is spunding racking early before attenuation reached for natural carbination you could try that out and see if it fits you.

if your going for a seasonal beer right now its my turn for my octoberfest, red ale and amber bock beers, and I don't brew lagers anymore, I can make an ale taste like a lager and its easier, just use a neutral yeast and cold chill it for 2 weeks at 34F

I just kegged and fined an oatmeal IPA cause I had oats and was bored. It should be drinkable this afternoon. I should probably start my Halloween beer soon though.

if your going for a seasonal beer right now its my turn for my octoberfest, red ale and amber bock beers, and I don't brew lagers anymore, I can make an ale taste like a lager and its easier, just use a neutral yeast and cold chill it for 2 weeks at 34F
You still use same grist eh Oz. Ever thought of fermenting lager at ale temps ive done one 34/70 @18 c still tasted pretty clean. Brulosophy got that going with his lager exbeeriment with no significamce found from tasters.

I still brew ale's its in my blood i guess, but they still taste good

Back