Adnams ghost ship

chub1

Trial Member
Reaction score
This is a popular beer over here in the uk.Not an exact clone by any means,but near it and it has tuned out a cracker.One to repeat as a bigger brew.
6 litre partial mash. 60 min mash at 67c. Dunk sparge at 72c 10 mins. 60 min boil
350 grams pale malt
100 grams lager malt
454 grams liquid malt at start of boil , could use and adjust for spray malt
25 grams crystal malt 90L
25 grams caramalt
50 grams malted rye
25 grams wheat malt
5 gram chinook pellets 60 min
1/4 protofloc tab at 15 min
5 gram chinook pellets 10 min
5 grams amarillo and 6 grams citra pellets at flame out
10 grams citra pellets dry hop 5 days
OG 1.042 . FG 1.008. ABV 4.32%. 44.91 ibu. 9.04 srm
Gervin yeast re hydrated

Did a side by side comparison with the real Mc Coy today .Missus was guinea pig:D
We actually both prefered my 'take' on it against the real stuff.Colour was pretty well spot on and mine was hoppier both taste and aroma.
Mind you the bottled Ghost ship isn't a patch on the one from the pump!

This turned out so nice i am re brewing this one on monday.Upping it to 12 litres, 10 into p.b. and rest into various size bottles.
:cool::)

Just pushed it all through B/F just to try and get as near as possible rather than just doubling up,mind you it's actually come out fairly spot on:)
just crushed my grains and put the mix into a nice airtight container all ready to rock an roll:D

There are times when i think,oh that was a good beer,wish i had done more.Then again do i really want 40 odd pints all the same!
Yes yes yes!!! You do! Hey im a dodgey homebrewer maybe just like you get your sanitation down pat stop spitting out infected brews. Then if your system fits it brew bigger. More good beer is always best in my inebriated home brew state:p.

There are times when i think,oh that was a good beer,wish i had done more.Then again do i really want 40 odd pints all the same!
I am a fan of Adnam's Ghost Ship and also Sole Bay (I think it was called). Might give your recipe a go. I would definitely brew more if I could, just don't have the capacity or storage space. If I did, I'd go for it. Why not do a few more brews and build up a cellar? They'll only get better with conditioning in the bottle anyway. A few months supply of a mix of good ales sounds like heaven to me.

I am a fan of Adnam's Ghost Ship and also Sole Bay (I think it was called). Might give your recipe a go. I would definitely brew more if I could, just don't have the capacity or storage space. If I did, I'd go for it. Why not do a few more brews and build up a cellar? They'll only get better with conditioning in the bottle anyway. A few months supply of a mix of good ales sounds like heaven to me.
Hi
i usually have around 80 or so beers kicking around.
The Ghost ship is a tweaked recipie,so not as it should be,however it's very nice nonetheless:) The bottled version isn't a patch on that from the pump,that probably goes for most bottled beers i guess.

This is now in the FV and away like a good un:D
just changed yeast from Gervin to US Pale by CML:cool:

Racked this today and tested.Almost down to OG:),boy does it smell good,Woooooooooooooo

Just decanted 9 litres into a small p.b.,rest into 330ml bottles.Colour pretty well spot on,aroma just as good as my first batch,just a slightly lower abv of 4%,probably due to alteration of yeast used.

Could not resist a small trial glass,even though it needs more time.
What a cracking beer,well carbed,smooth,clear and so so tasty.Shame i am on so many tablets at present as this would not take long to demolish:)

Could not resist a small trial glass,even though it needs more time.
What a cracking beer,well carbed,smooth,clear and so so tasty.Shame i am on so many tablets at present as this would not take long to demolish:)
Just what I say about all my beer too club hahaha:p.

Na congrats mate glad your having a win;)

Back