Clarity Ferm - impact on flavor?

twistygizzard

Premium Member
Reaction score
Im going to be brewing a Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin clone the weekend. I'm planning on adding a vial of clarity Ferm since a few of my friends are all eager to try a gluten free beer.

Anybody ever try this? I'm curious if there is any noticeable impact on flavor, mouthfeel, head retention etc.

Thanks!

Firstly, the beer will not be gluten free so don't give it to someone with celiac disease. Clarity Ferm reduces gluten but the end product is not gluten free. Second, it won't change the flavor but will change the body. It may seem thinner than normal. Good luck with it!

Firstly, the beer will not be gluten free so don't give it to someone with celiac disease. Clarity Ferm reduces gluten but the end product is not gluten free. Second, it won't change the flavor but will change the body. It may seem thinner than normal. Good luck with it!

they're not celiacs, so maybe I should just tell them I added it...

Thanks for the info.

Brewed it today - used the AHA Little Sumpin' Sumpin' clone. Brew day was great, hit my numbers and no big mishaps. Now have 5 gallons happily fermenting away. Poured in the vial of CF before the yeast, then aerated. We'll see how it goes!

Back