Lighting for brew pictures

sn00ky

Trial Member
Reaction score
Anyone got opinions of beat lighting scenarios for getting the color / clarity similar to what we see by eye? I am always having trouble getting the picture to represent what I see...
I use android, using a DSLR would help but the additional inconvenience would just be a pain.

I think getting the light source right sunshine is best I find in getting the right colour on the brew if taking a shot inside in a dark room the shade is always tricky. Cameras are definitely getting better at auto adjusting though my galaxy 7 phone is freeky how good the pics come out. Good luck mate

I like the light behind me but not creating a shadow of me, its tricky indoors, the sun shining through the beer is best

Sun shining through beer but not into lens of camera , even my pretty cheap throwaway cellphone can take a decent pic

Beer on a table outside the garage in the sun, take pic from shadow of garage but not within it...Sound about right ? Damn I want to pour one to try, moon might be bright enough, best try anyway for science

If it's bright, backlighting really brings out the color, clarity and bubbles. If it's not so bright, a side light will give a better presentation - less diffraction of the light by any haze in the beer. Photography is something I did as a hobby before I brewed. Come to think of it, before there was Photoshop.

Back