In search of the best bitter in the world

Gökenöl

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow homebrewers!
My friend and I are very fond of a good bitter, but find it hard to find. So... What do you consider the best bitter in the world? And where?
Cheers!
Fred

What happens when you find it? Field trip??:D

Well don't come to Queensland because it ain't XXXX bitter it tastes like the liquid that come out a horse:p.

Good luck I'm thinking England might land you a good bitter:rolleyes:.

As Trialben say's come to UK.Plenty of decent bitter here.
My favourites have always been Banks's which is brewed in the midlands and Youngs 'ordinary' bitter which was brewed near to where i live in the south.Alas both breweries have been taken over more than once and to my mind they are not the same beers any longer:mad:.
As i said,plenty of decent bitters to be had and i might also add still a few mild's as well:cool:

As Trialben say's come to UK.Plenty of decent bitter here.
My favourites have always been Banks's which is brewed in the midlands and Youngs 'ordinary' bitter which was brewed near to where i live in the south.Alas both breweries have been taken over more than once and to my mind they are not the same beers any longer:mad:.
As i said,plenty of decent bitters to be had and i might also add still a few mild's as well:cool:
Is it brew dog with all them online recipes?

This may help our bitter beer loving freind;).

Is it brew dog with all them online recipes?

This may help our bitter beer loving freind;).
Ben:p:D
Brewdog's scottish and the Scott's can't brew bitter to save a life:D:D:D
Na, imho the best bitters are brewed down here in the south of england,mark you the northereners wouldn't have that though.
Some of our smaller breweries are producing some nice bitters:cool:.As i said come to UK for the real deal!

Ben:p:D
Brewdog's scottish and the Scott's can't brew bitter to save a life:D:D:D
Na, imho the best bitters are brewed down here in the south of england,mark you the northereners wouldn't have that though.
Some of our smaller breweries are producing some nice bitters:cool:.As i said come to UK for the real deal!
Ah rivalry brings out the best in everyone or worst :p.

Yeah they hound my email something chronic trying to sell me their new hoppiest beer. I think I checked em out online a while back and they've been with me ever since:) they have some good marketing.

I am embarrassed to say I don't know if I have ever had a bitter.

This is not the bitter in the worllllld oh no , this is just a tribute
I couldn't remember the greatest bitter in the world so this is a tribute
Tribute is a damn fine beer!

For me it would have to be Betty Stoggs from Skinners brewery in Truro, Cornwall.

I love a good bitter. Whenever I go to the UK I search the pubs for a good one, unfortunally we're usually only in London and the range of pubs and beers seems to get less for every visit. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but sometimes it feels like I know more about british beer than the person behind the bar do.

Had some pretty enjoyable bitters tonight , our BJCP study group did milds and strong bitters tonight .
Got me excited to get another ESB down since mine compares well to the imported examples we had tonight

I love a good bitter. Whenever I go to the UK I search the pubs for a good one, unfortunally we're usually only in London and the range of pubs and beers seems to get less for every visit. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but sometimes it feels like I know more about british beer than the person behind the bar do.
Try and seek out a Fullers pub. Also there are one or two selling Harveys bitter which is brewed in Sussex,that's a nice drop.

Fullers beers are fab... I will drink ESB, Chiswich Bitter and London Pride anytime. Another from the Fullers stable is HSB (Horndean Special Bitter) Luuuurvly stuff.

Back