French Saison

emsroth

Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone brewed with the French Saison yeast (wyeast 3711, imperial B64, white labs wlp590) in the 80's?

I am splitting a batch of Dubbel between Dupont and French saison. My plan was to mirror the fermentation profile: start at 75F and increase by ~ 5 F every day until 90 F.

Can the French Saison yeast take it?

French saison yeast will ferment in the boil.

...not really. but that yeast will tolerate 90F for sure

French saison yeast will ferment in the boil.

...not really. but that yeast will tolerate 90F for sure
Yeah and it eats EVERYthing......1.002 on my current batch FG

I am keeping the French Saison at 78F, and the Dupont has been raised 3F every day. This morning's bump was up to 87F; tomorrow will be 90F where it will stay until I keg it. I really need the space so I will be kegging it at 7 days and letting it condition at room temp for a week before crashing and carbing.

I am keeping the French Saison at 78F, and the Dupont has been raised 3F every day. This morning's bump was up to 87F; tomorrow will be 90F where it will stay until I keg it. I really need the space so I will be kegging it at 7 days and letting it condition at room temp for a week before crashing and carbing.
I think for an aggressive saison yeast the should be ample time for it to finish and be ready for the serving vessel.

Back