clogged tap

jimmyz

Trial Member
Reaction score
So I kegged a beer a week ago with leaf hops in a muslin bag and pellets in another. I went to sample and the tap is clogged. How can this be? Do i need a screen for my tube? Ive never had this happen before and ive done the same procedure couple times. Let me know what you guys are doing.
Thanks

I thought I had a clogged tap once. Turns out I was out of gas.

So I kegged a beer a week ago with leaf hops in a muslin bag and pellets in another. I went to sample and the tap is clogged. How can this be? Do i need a screen for my tube? Ive never had this happen before and ive done the same procedure couple times. Let me know what you guys are doing.
Thanks
Cant help you there jimmyz but a fellow brewer recommended to me on this forum to put a fine mesh bag over the end of the transfer hose when kegging. I find this keeps back a heap of hop material. Cheers to headfirst for this tip.
His other tip was stainless stell scrubber on pickup in boil kettle i keep forgetting to put this on before brea day:rolleyes: so havnt tried this one yet.

you can switch poppits if you have a compression type then it will add the c02 to the clogged line and unclog it

Well I pulled the tube from the keg blew it out then put it bck in and instnt clog.Gonna have to cover the dip tube somehow.

http://brulosophy.com/2017/05/15/dr...on-vs-4-days-undisturbed-exbeeriment-results/

The link above shows an example of a fine screen on a Keg out tube.

Here is a quick look, I have no idea where to purchase one:
09_AgitationDryHop_dryhopinkeg.jpg

If anyone finds a source please post it up.

Last edited:
Homebrewing.org has great filters. They suck at $8 a piece, but they are worth it.

I dry hop in the keg using nylon bags, and I haven't had a problem yet.

I have taken to covering all the dip tubes in my corny's with a fine stainless mesh screen. You can get them for reasonable price at NY Brewing supply. They are fairly small, about 6inches long and fit on the end of your dip tube.

Back