BAIB

JoeParke

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi All! Anyone got any recommendations for a good reliable BIAB kit in the UK?
Here's to the Beers, Cheers!

I Biab but I'm in Aus so I guess I can't help kit wise.

I made my own there Joe I don't know what the kits provide but my best advise as I see it as a common theme here on the forums is get your self a big pot! Don't go messing around with a post the same size as your fermentor volume it need to be twice the size of your final volume especially with BIAB your counting on that extra headspace I case you wanna full volume mash. My 2 c is look around for a keg cut the lid of buy a hole saw off eBay 1/2" grab a ball valve bung that in the bottom. Get your self a gas burner and stand and a brew bag. I made my own bag outta Swiss voile that's the fabric you need nice tiny holes but your hombrew store will sell one but same again go big not small make sure you can drape it over your kettles edges so it won't fall in on you when mashing. Look around on the net locally check out the second hand stores Op shops this is where you'll find some cool equipment even fridges freezers that you can ferment in or turn into a keezer?? I went totally DIY on everything if you want it now you need the kit but if you want to work at it you can save a pound in your case and really know the rig your brewing on. Cheers good luck;)

I made my own there Joe I don't know what the kits provide but my best advise as I see it as a common theme here on the forums is get your self a big pot! Don't go messing around with a post the same size as your fermentor volume it need to be twice the size of your final volume especially with BIAB your counting on that extra headspace I case you wanna full volume mash. My 2 c is look around for a keg cut the lid of buy a hole saw off eBay 1/2" grab a ball valve bung that in the bottom. Get your self a gas burner and stand and a brew bag. I made my own bag outta Swiss voile that's the fabric you need nice tiny holes but your hombrew store will sell one but same again go big not small make sure you can drape it over your kettles edges so it won't fall in on you when mashing. Look around on the net locally check out the second hand stores Op shops this is where you'll find some cool equipment even fridges freezers that you can ferment in or turn into a keezer?? I went totally DIY on everything if you want it now you need the kit but if you want to work at it you can save a pound in your case and really know the rig your brewing on. Cheers good luck;)
Nice one! That does sound really cool! Cheers for the advice!
Here's to the beers, Cheers!

Many ways of heating your water , containing your mash and boiling the wort .

I've come to believe that there's no one size fits all solution .
I use a urn and it suits me just fine , there may even be a UK distributor and if you decide to move up to a 3V system these make a great HLT to avoid spending money twice
000030_1.jpg

How much space do you have ?
Gas or electric ?
Do you need to be able to pack it all away after brewdays ?

Back