Do you have a favourite Ale

chub1

Trial Member
Reaction score
Well?
At present i am getting through(amongst other beers) a Black IPA in my pressure barrel.It's actually under an IPA ABV, but who cares when it's a really smashing drink.Only made one other which i bottled and that too was a cracking beer. Both Extract beers as well,not yet tried a partial mash or biab with this style.
I would say(at present) it's right up there amongst my favourite homebrew beers,infact i think it's my best.

my favorite ale is in fact a pale ale, slight hop flavor but not dominate

my favorite ale is in fact a pale ale, slight hop flavor but not dominate
Ditto that. "Harsh" and "Aggressively bitter" really don't describe things I like.... The Lupulin Arms Race was never something I felt I needed to participate in, either as a brewer or as a consumer. Don't particularly feel the need to see how close to battery acid I can make my beer, either, either as a brewer or a consumer.

Perfect description of a Kolsch

Volume wise my favourite ale is Coopers pale ale , very drinkable all year round , slight esters of apple , pear and banana nose when young
Ive been trying to clone it for a year or more now

Well?
At present i am getting through(amongst other beers) a Black IPA in my pressure barrel.It's actually under an IPA ABV, but who cares when it's a really smashing drink.Only made one other which i bottled and that too was a cracking beer. Both Extract beers as well,not yet tried a partial mash or biab with this style.
I would say(at present) it's right up there amongst my favourite homebrew beers,infact i think it's my best.
I'm with you, I made a black ipa (more of a black pale ale in terms of hops) that was delicious. Schwarzbier, brown ales and stout / porter are also good

I really like stouts, porters, ipa's and most big beers as in barrel aged but my fave is a 12-14 day from yeast pitch chilled, forced quick carbed, Hefe. Something about the freshness knowing you can only get this homemade puts it over the top.

Always have a hoppy pale ale on tap, anywhere between 0.8 and 1 bu/gu. A lot of late hopping, needs drinking fresh to keep the taste / aroma / bitterness in balance.

Love hoppy IPAs but have been brewing hoppy pale ales because I like the lower ABV beers so I can consume more.

Forever suffering from beer ADD. A six pack of a single beer is hard for me. I often over-spend with the mix-a-six and single bottles, but it keeps me happy.

I love almost every style, but find too many commercially produced beers disappointing.

My perfect 6 pack would be
-Belgian Golden Strong
-NE IPA
-Rauchbier
-Dark Mild
-Cherry beer
-Saison

Forever suffering from beer ADD. A six pack of a single beer is hard for me. I often over-spend with the mix-a-six and single bottles, but it keeps me happy.

I love almost every style, but find too many commercially produced beers disappointing.

My perfect 6 pack would be
-Belgian Golden Strong
-NE IPA
-Rauchbier
-Dark Mild
-Cherry beer
-Saison
I totally agree.We have an explosion of 'craft' beers over here and 'real ales' but so many are just not good enough to cut it. I have brewed some better home brew than many of them.

I am not sure why that is. I always ask myself, "didn't this go through a pilot batch?" For beers that don't stray far from the company's base (like IPAs for Stone) it makes sense that they trust their team to produce a quality beer without testing, but sometimes I'm shocked.

For brewpubs the story is different. Their main system, in essence, is their pilot system. And they are selling direct to consumers on a small scale. Although I definitely saw a "summer wheat beer" still on tap at a local pub in December. I had it back in August and understood why...

I like a dry bitter ale. 148-149* mash. 40 IBU min., 90 is fine, you want higher? Got it. Once there, the hop schedule is a trip, it can be anything. I'll hop burst C hops as fast as the 'noble' hops. Citrus, fruity, flowery, herbal, spicy. No matter. I use them all.

Visited a small brewery last night and was annoyed and pleasantly surprised to find a rye XPA on tap very similar to my house beer ....I had given the brewer a sample of mine a few months back for feedback so I guess he wasn't kidding when he said it was a great brew

Visited a small brewery last night and was annoyed and pleasantly surprised to find a rye XPA on tap very similar to my house beer ....I had given the brewer a sample of mine a few months back for feedback so I guess he wasn't kidding when he said it was a great brew
He should give you a free beer when you stop in I would think:cool:

Back