Zombie Dust or Bust

Looks like one smashing brew after another to you Robert. What's the specks on this brew mate. I've seen a few you tube videos of people reculturing yeast outta the bottom of some cans of this stuff. I've herd yeast is Conan yeast and it's a hop forward brew by an acclaimed American craft Brewer.

Thats the Alchemists top brew? Was watchin a u tube post on him yesterday from humble beginnings to expansion to keep up with the demands very cool a hombrewers dream.

Took a gravity and refractometer reading today to see where I'm at with this beer and I couldn't be happier. As it stands, I'm looking at a gravity of 1.017 after 6 days in the primary. The beer had a pleasant aroma of citra hops, which to me smells like OJ and peaches. Initial tasting was smooth for a "green" beer this young and quite nice. Mouthfeel was "chewy" and I did not detect any off flavors. Giving it more time to mellow out should do wonders for this pale ale. After recently consuming copious amounts of the real Zombie Dust I think this should turn out quite nice. Stay tuned...

Attachments

• IMG_3395.JPG
    IMG_3395.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3393.JPG
    IMG_3393.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_3396.JPG
    IMG_3396.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 201
Looking good Robert nothing like OJ and vodka but I'd choose one of these juicy brews over that anyway.

Racked the beer to the secondary today and added 3 oz of citra hops for the last burst of flavor and aroma.

Just racked the beer to my keg today and tasted it. Should be a real nice smooth drinking brew that is citra hop-forward. So far, I'm quite happy with the results. I might make a few slight tweaks next brew session, but I think this is a solid beer especially after having had the privilege of downing a few glasses of 3 Floyd's on draft.

Back