Slovenian hops

chub1

Trial Member
Reaction score
Just cracked open a bottle of 'Dana' IPA,brewed with nothing else but Dana hops and damn nice it was too.
I am a real fan of the various 'eastern European 'Hops,ie Styrian Goldings,Dana,Bobek,Celiea etc etc.They are also growing Cascade.
Really good prices here as well in the Uk,Can any of you guys,USA,Australia or elswhere obtain these at good prices,have you tried them?.

Just cracked open a bottle of 'Dana' IPA,brewed with nothing else but Dana hops and damn nice it was too.
I am a real fan of the various 'eastern European 'Hops,ie Styrian Goldings,Dana,Bobek,Celiea etc etc.They are also growing Cascade.
Really good prices here as well in the Uk,Can any of you guys,USA,Australia or elswhere obtain these at good prices,have you tried them?.
Haven't looked for them specifically, but Styrian is the only one that sounds familiar. I'm in the US by the way.
I've heard south Africa has some cool hop varieties going too

Haven't looked for them specifically, but Styrian is the only one that sounds familiar. I'm in the US by the way.
I've heard south Africa has some cool hop varieties going too
Yup realise you guys oversea's may not get access to the same hops as us Brits.If you happen to spot em,give em a try,have done some really nice beers with the various varieties.

Will do.
Have you gotten any Australian or NZ hops in the UK? Those seem to be the current hot hops here

Will do.
Have you gotten any Australian or NZ hops in the UK? Those seem to be the current hot hops here
Yes mate,NZ ones are a tad more expensive however. I have yet to brew with many of them but have had some homebrews made with the various varieties and thay have been very good.Have used Motueka.
Your US hops are very popular here at present,ie Cascade,Amarillo, Citra and Chinook.Out of those i reckon Citra and Cascade are the top sellers. I did an all Chinook brew a while ago and it was really good.Have also done some IPA's with those either singly or combined and again with good results.

Last edited:

Back