Jalapeno Brew

it states in the primary fermentation, I would do it at a dry hop time

I'd use them as a "dry hop", at least that's what I do with Chipotles. Cut them up, seed them if you don't want the heat and add them to secondary. The alcohol in the beer will absorb the oils. Taste frequently to make sure you don't get too much flavor or heat, then rack off the peppers when the taste is where you want it.

Love your picture!

Cool, I will go for the dry hop. Reading around and seeing other recipes, I'm thinking to peel/seed them roast the jalapenos (instead of add them as it is) then add them as dry hopping. Thoughts?

"let that Sht go and enjoy a beer" :D

I'd use them as a "dry hop", at least that's what I do with Chipotles. Cut them up, seed them if you don't want the heat and add them to secondary. The alcohol in the beer will absorb the oils. Taste frequently to make sure you don't get too much flavor or heat, then rack off the peppers when the taste is where you want it.

Love your picture!

Last edited:
One of the Brewers on here Joshua he's done a chilli brew or two you could check his thread out may help you.

I could not find that Joshua the brewer, can someone advise if halapenos need to be roasted or bake to a point before added to the carboy on fermentation stage.

One of the Brewers on here Joshua he's done a chilli brew or two you could check his thread out may help you.

You can roast them if you prefer roasted flavor to raw pepper, but if you do, don't use oil. It will leave a sheen on the finished product.

There's nothing wrong with raw pepper. I've had a raw hatch chile beer that was popular at the local club. Also had a few ekuanot-based beers that get that green pepper flavor from hops. I personally don't care for green pepper taste. I prefer red ripe, especially when smoked or roasted.

Last edited:
I could not find that Joshua the brewer, can someone advise if halapenos need to be roasted or bake to a point before added to the carboy on fermentation stage.

I do a jalapeno cream ale, i used my buddies advice. For a five gallon batch we use a pound and a half of fresh jalapenos, and i throw in a half pound of fresh Anaheim's to make it "mine". I cut the stem off and split them up the middle, leaving the seeds and all in the pot for the full one hour of boiling time.... and it turns out to be a fantastic brew! I pull the chilies out right before flame out. It's hot for just one micro second and then it goes away, but all the good jalapeno flavor stays with you.

Back