Fat Head's Brewery Pictures

RobertE

Trial Member
Reaction score
Visited Fat Head's Brewery and Tap House located in NE Ohio this past week. What a great place to drink some really fine beer. They have won many awards for their beer. Here's a few pics where you can sip the latest brew and watch the workers making beer at the same time.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 324
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 248
Been to the Fat Heads Brewery in Portland OR. Best crispy "whole" chicken wings I have ever tasted. Excellent sauces with them. They served a lot of different beers there besides their own.

Been to the Fat Heads Brewery in Portland OR. Best crispy "whole" chicken wings I have ever tasted. Excellent sauces with them. They served a lot of different beers there besides their own.
Try the Hop JuJu or Trailhead if you like hops. Generally their beers are rocket fuel, but very good.

It seems to me that local craft beer on the sunny cost has a lot of catching up to do with big bro America. Visited a local craft brewery up the hill from my locale and i tell ya it tasted like oxidised bottle conditioned infected homebrew :oops:. I was really looking forward to their hoppy pale ale no hop aroma or flavour and twangy like there was a lacto infection. Next brew was an english bitter plenty malt but not smooth a little astringent. Sorry for the side post on this thread but i wish there was some decent craft beer on the coast i could emulate. Maybee im just bias:rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Alot of crappy beer out there. That's why we brew our own.

funny I listened to a pod cast a few years back that did a taste test with all kinds of marketing tricks and the beers that people liked weren't always the best beers, as a matter of fact they were so used to drinking stale beer they picked the stale over the fresh from the same beer lol

Well there is no excuse for a stale homebrew we get to drink it fresh and clean nice and young outta the keg depending upon style of course:p.

Yea I don't know maybe brewing on bigger equipment changes things up some from the baby 21 liter batches but I guess the same simple brewing basics are the same good pitch rate crazy clean sanitation and temperature regulated fermentation control.

My local craft beer cafes are lucky to keep a keg on tap for a few days !
The breweries are all within an hours drive and its always just as I remember it direct from brewery .

I mostly hate the "must be local ", "farm to table" approach to hipster lifestyle but this part of it really does appeal to me , if its local and good I'll buy it !

I don't know why you think shopping local is a hipster thing. It's about keeping money in your neighbors pocket. It's not new its actually quite an old idea. But to the point of local breweries some are good others bad. One beer in particular is awesome in cans but I never enjoyed it where ive had it on tap. Weird right?

Well there is no excuse for a stale homebrew we get to drink it fresh and clean nice and young outta the keg depending upon style of course:p.

Yea I don't know maybe brewing on bigger equipment changes things up some from the baby 21 liter batches but I guess the same simple brewing basics are the same good pitch rate crazy clean sanitation and temperature regulated fermentation control.
There aren't that many differences. The challenges are the same but their engineering is better! We have lots of great craft breweries around, we're lucky. The brewpub I visit most often has won Small Brewery of the Year at the Great American Beer Festival, the one that's brewed my beer has been around with excellent quality since the early 2000's. I think part of it is what you're used to: I remember when Heineken was considered great, even though it was skunked in its green bottles! If all one knows is stale beer, they'll try to brew stale beer. We have such a great supply of good beer in the Denver area, even our "Homebrewer's Night" every two months at the local homebrew supply store no longer has many bad beers!

I don't know why you think shopping local is a hipster thing. It's about keeping money in your neighbors pocket.
If the local product is of high quality and reasonable price I'll take it every time .

I have several craft brewers local with excellent product and I will pick it 8/10 times, sometimes I just want something different .

The hipsters around here will choose an inferior product simply BECAUSE its local

Back