Who needs a good laugh?

blackcats

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm brand new to home brewing. A couple months ago a friend introduced me to it (and gave me most of the equipment needed for extract brew) and then helped me with my first batch, which is going on week two in the bottle as we speak. I brewed a second batch on my own a week after and it should be ready to bottle shortly. That brings me to today.
more:
xe tai dongben

With my first fermenter available, I decided I was going to do one of my favorite styles, a Belgian witbier. I read through threads, looked at recipes, and messed around on BeerSmith and finally thought I had what could be a nice wit lined out. Went to the LHBS earlier this week and got the ingredients, did a yeast starter, and was ready to go for brewing today. I was a little nervous as I did a partial mash but the directions from DeathBrewer made it a breeze. For a number of reasons, I decided to add a little lactic acid to the mash and this is where everything went wrong.

In my haste to make a great beer, I somehow mixed up my units. Instead of using the 2 mL of lactic that most people suggest, I threw in 2 OUNCES! Even better, I didn't catch the mistake until pitching the yeast and closing the fermenter.

Well, I figured I might as well make lemons out of lemonade, so I threw 0.75 oz of sea salt in a little water, boiled, cooled, and tossed it in. Who knows, maybe I'll have a passable Gose in the end.

Tags:
toyota fortuner 2017, xe hd700 dong vang

Last edited:
Well its either gonna be the best beer you have ever made. amd will spend the rest of your life trying to repeat. Or something you can feed the freeloader that always turns up to your parties and never brings their own beer.

It'll sure be a sour/tart beer who knows like bevis said it may be a keeper;). Onwards and upwards my friend.

I'm brand new to home brewing. A couple months ago a friend introduced me to it (and gave me most of the equipment needed for extract brew) and then helped me with my first batch, which is going on week two in the bottle as we speak. I brewed a second batch on my own a week after and it should be ready to bottle shortly. That brings me to today.

With my first fermenter available, I decided I was going to do one of my favorite styles, a Belgian witbier. I read through threads, looked at recipes, and messed around on BeerSmith and finally thought I had what could be a nice wit lined out. Went to the LHBS earlier this week and got the ingredients, did a yeast starter, and was ready to go for brewing today. I was a little nervous as I did a partial mash but the directions from DeathBrewer made it a breeze. For a number of reasons, I decided to add a little lactic acid to the mash and this is where everything went wrong.

In my haste to make a great beer, I somehow mixed up my units. Instead of using the 2 mL of lactic that most people suggest, I threw in 2 OUNCES! Even better, I didn't catch the mistake until pitching the yeast and closing the fermenter.

Well, I figured I might as well make lemons out of lemonade, so I threw 0.75 oz of sea salt in a little water, boiled, cooled, and tossed it in. Who knows, maybe I'll have a passable Gose in the end.
The difference between a professional and an amateur is a professional knows how to cover their mistakes! Sounds like you're well on your way and if you ask me, it's a pretty good cover-up.

Back