Gladfield Malt

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
A Barley Farmer who decided to malt his own barley. Their logo on their homepage reads "The Worlds Best Pure Malt" then Gladfield Malt looks after craft brewers First! not a bad statement from a maltster eh? Well I thought I'd share this with everyone in the hombrewers/brewersfriend realm :D. I think it's about time I supported this top notch maltster lucky for me I live in Australia ;). Here is the link to their website if you want to have a look-see.
http://www.gladfieldmalt.co.nz

Yea I'm all for supporting the little guys and especially if they put the Brewer first. With all the care they put into their malts I recon you'd get great results. Looking to try some of their ale malt I see that red back malt gives you a reddish colour to the wort you tried this specialty malt nzbrew.

Yea I'm all for supporting the little guys and especially if they put the Brewer first. With all the care they put into their malts I recon you'd get great results. Looking to try some of their ale malt I see that red back malt gives you a reddish colour to the wort you tried this specialty malt nzbrew.
I have used it in an irish red - but only a couple percent of the bill.
The supernova is one that I'm going to have a go with soon - it's a new malt they introduced just before xmas. They gave away quite a bit through retailers and had a naming competition.

I have used it in an irish red - but only a couple percent of the bill.
The supernova is one that I'm going to have a go with soon - it's a new malt they introduced just before xmas. They gave away quite a bit through retailers and had a naming competition.

Yea it sounds like a big bold malt one to use sparingly. Just like us trying to come up with new beers their coming up with new specialty malts.

I checked with my local homebrew store they don't have any of their base malt all sold out but they have their specialty malts. I like the sound of their toffee malt and aurora malt.

Yea it sounds like a big bold malt one to use sparingly. Just like us trying to come up with new beers their coming up with new specialty malts.

I checked with my local homebrew store they don't have any of their base malt all sold out but they have their specialty malts. I like the sound of their toffee malt and aurora malt.
Toffee malt is awesome in a pale ale - my absolute favourite recipe http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/412995/supercharger-clone
Pretty close clone of a beer that just won people's choice best craft beer in NZ second year in a row.

best beer in UNZUD is like being the least ugly duckling .... not great but better than the others !
For anyone not acquainted with the typical Aussie / kiwi dialogue this like sibling rivalry , we are bigger and better but they still move here to take our jobs and tell us how much better things are at home ....they talk funny too !

In all fairness they flog us at Rugby , There was never any Terra Nullius invoked and they have better skiing than we do ....they still talk funny though ....sound like perverts if something costs $666 dollars ;)

Is that the name of that beer supercharger I like it! Cheers nzbrew will probably pair this toffee malt with some Marris otter. Going to try out a few NZ hops as well
Malt out of Canterbury...one of many reasons I sometimes wish I was back in Christchurch. :(

Back