Going cold turkey

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
well after this Saturday I'll be off the grog for three weeks all in support for my beloved wife and also to prove to Her I can go three weeks without a sip of beer/alcohol :eek:.

She wants to do a "restart" pretty much a total body detox where you go vegan for three weeks :eek: no grog, coffee, no sugar!!! What the:(. Yep life is going to get bloody horrible for me after Saturday I'm guessing I'll be shaking like a leaf from all my sugar coffee and alcohol withdrawals.

My reasons for doing this
. To ensure my future Homebrewing hobby assuring my wife I've got a handle on things and not turning into a raging alcoholic.
. A challenge mentally to prove to myself I can;).
.supporting missus.

How has everyone else faired with a break from booze and other things including sugar?
Wish me luck everyone I'll be eyeing the what are you drinking now thread with increasing interest drooling over all the beers I'm missing out on lol:D. Cheers To health cheers to better appreciation of beer!:)

Do you want to move in with me? There's a couch in the basement right next to my 6 tap.

I mentioned today in another thread how I gave up beer for Lent one year. It really wasn't a big deal at all to me. When I resumed, I didn't drink more than I had before. I've never cared much for sweets, so nothing to give up there. I don't know you'll do, results may vary.

I do the same thing occasionally. Same reasons that you mentioned. I pair it with some exercise. It's good to "flush" the system occasionally. Good for you and good for the relationship

Yep probably good to know your no dependant on these creature comforts and that is something we choose to do not have to do:). I brew for the challenge of making a beautiful tasting beer and the rewards when that happens getting pissed is also another bonus :D.

my practice is if I run out I don't buy beer, I have to wait until I brew its fully carbed and conditioned before Ill drink it meaning 25 days at least and I have had to go without before I just switch to water and Im fine

my practice is if I run out I don't buy beer, I have to wait until I brew its fully carbed and conditioned before Ill drink it meaning 25 days at least and I have had to go without before I just switch to water and Im fine
Another reason to make sure you don't run out :p

Run out?!?!
I'm sorry but if you run out that's just piss poor planning :(:p

normally I agree but weather, laziness, this year I've been sick with a cold for 3 weeks, I will run out this month I know that's when Ill start buying 18 packs of bottled water

I feel for you buddy. Whats the weather like in the Ozarks lately? Been pretty cold in the BC central interior

18f snowing, icy and wind chill down to 0, I pulled in to the house and slid by the drive way 20 feet tonight

since I have the jet zone running right through my state which feeds from Alaska in the winter and Mexico in the summer, I probably live in the one of the few states that has the hottest summers and the coldest winters in the US

I suggest finding a hobby to take your mind off it.

My wife and I did a diet for 4 weeks. Basically 2 boiled eggs and half an orange for breakfast. Only certain veggies for lunch and dinner, and the occasional chicken breasts. You could also get 2 sugar free sodas a day, those things were a godsend

We even did this during easter sunday dinner, we sat in the other room while everyone else feasted. Wasn't terribly tough since it was 2 of us

Good luck

Epicureanism, my friends. Everything in moderation.

Try cheesemaking.

You want me to put a stamp on a keg of mine, OMB? :D
Sounds like you and JA have a surplus of beer. Now that couch down there by your 6 tap sounds like a tasty place to chill:).

Tell ya what jmcnamara wouldn't of wanted to stand down wind of you when youse were on that diet with all them eggs lol:eek::p.

My religion forbids giving up coffee. :) J/K

Good luck with this TB. Sounds like it could yield some health benefits as well as a close connection on shared goals with the spouse

Trailben, how are things going? I realize it has not been a full week yet but wanted to make sure you were still with us.

Day five here mate going strong still blending the veggies and fruit. And yep no grog no sugar no caffeine and I tell ya what I sleep like a dead animal :D. That pic is what I'm having for brekkie. Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 164

Back