changing AA per brew session

oliver

Premium Member
Reaction score
as alpha acids change slightly every season, the IBUs of each recipe alters as you re-input the AA values...

Could these AA values be entered per brew sessions? If I decide to brew the same harvest IPA two consecutive years, but the hop AA has changed by a few points depending on the crop, the IBUs could come out quite different.

as alpha acids change slightly every season, the IBUs of each recipe alters as you re-input the AA values...

Could these AA values be entered per brew sessions? If I decide to brew the same harvest IPA two consecutive years, but the hop AA has changed by a few points depending on the crop, the IBUs could come out quite different.
That's how I do it. Sort of. The change in AA (iPhone app version at least) stays with the recipe. The next time you use that hop, it'll reflect the database AA. Every time you load that recipe, it'll reflect the latest AA.

That's how I do it. Sort of. The change in AA (iPhone app version at least) stays with the recipe. The next time you use that hop, it'll reflect the database AA. Every time you load that recipe, it'll reflect the latest AA.
but if I'm using the same recipe, and Amarillo this year was at 10 or something, and I brew it. great. Next year Amarillo comes in at, idk 8.4, and so I go into the same recipe and edit the AA values, and click brew again...

you're saying the AA values are married to the brew session themselves? That's essentially the feature I'm interested in.

It's married to the recipe. When I buy my hops, I plug in the new AA in the recipe and buy accordingly or adjust times to keep the IBUs the same.

This is a hop bill from one of my recipes. As you know, each hop can be clicked on to change the AA. If my AAs are different, I'll edit them, and make adjustments, usually to time, to keep my IBUs close to 26.

In this case, if I remember correctly, Hersbrucker was supposed to be 4 per the app. Since it was really 2, I just doubled the amount.

Attachments

• IMG_0981.PNG
    IMG_0981.PNG
    614.9 KB · Views: 218

Back