Reminders / Alerts

Chris-P

Trial Member
Reaction score
One BrewToad feature I really miss is alerts that email you on a specific date / time to tell you to rack to secondary, add dry hops, finings, etc. Would love to see this feature in BF.

One BrewToad feature I really miss is alerts that email you on a specific date / time to tell you to rack to secondary, add dry hops, finings, etc. Would love to see this feature in BF.
Bump. Would love to see something like this.

Same same I see the timer in the brew panel but there is no alarm sounding when 60min mash is up or 40min hop addition to give an example. would love this feature for sure I use my clock on my I pad ATM. What am I missing something?

Came here to comment on this exact functionality request! I would love to see alerts or something integrated with the calendar that alerted the brewer when it was time to dry hop, raise the temp to a d-rest, etc.

I use my Google account for this, but would love the ability to change to an app based reminder.

Even an brew day timer there's one in built but I don't get no alarm sounding

Same same I see the timer in the brew panel but there is no alarm sounding when 60min mash is up or 40min hop addition to give an example. would love this feature for sure I use my clock on my I pad ATM. What am I missing something?

This feature does work, but it seems to NOT work with the iOS safari browser. I use chrome on my iPhone instead, and the timers do work on chrome.

The brewday timer is working, but are very silent. I would like to have much more noise when timer reach zero.

Same I use clock on iPad but would be handy if brewersfriend timer was decent and actually sounded when additions were dueo_O

Same I use clock on iPad but would be handy if brewersfriend timer was decent and actually sounded when additions were dueo_O
The Brewer's Friend timer always went off for me, albeit briefly. But many times I didn't hear it. My bigger problem was the visual timer would stop running. Then I'd have no idea how much time until the next step. If I didn't hear it when it came, I was screwed. I gave up on the built in timer long ago.

Are there still the same issues with the timer? It has been working well for me, using Chrome on my iPhone (not the app). I didn't realize this was still an issue. What versions are you using, and on which browser (if not the app)?

I use the iPhone app. I've gotten out of the habit of using the app's timer.

Yep same as jeff I use iPhone app. But I've got to brewersfriend versions one that is set for a iPhone style and one larger version on iPad not quite sure witch on I'm using:oops:.

But yep I don't hear no sounder yooper. Just a reasonable count down timber that has all your additions programmed in from your recipie that sounds an alarm which doesn't stop until user stops it then counter continues from there. Yep that would be lovely :)

Need the app to hold your hand as well ?
i'm often doing other things around the house and usually my internal clock tells me that the 20 mins since last addition is nearly up so i toddle off to check and grab a fresh beer

You're right. It's not a big deal at all to me to use my stopwatch. It's another app on the same phone! Doubt I'll ever use the integrated brew timer again. But if it's gonna be there, it ought to work.

Well lads all I can say is you get what you pay for just trying to make things better . I'd use it if it was decent;)

The timer is already on here so just another cool feature of this recipe building program why not perfect it:)

Last edited:
Ill chime in here, I know a little about web apps, "former project manager" all kinds of things can happen when dealing with a browser, an app and the Internet, most no fault to the app, the dns resets, the connection gets lost, cache gets stuck in a loop, power settings on the device are most of the issues, portable devices like laptops, phones or tablets aren't meant to be on for hours. its hard to pinpoint such a problem with so many different devices and ways for them to change other than the app. I would buy a kitchen timer just the same

https://www.amazon.com/XREXS-Magnet...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PVF0G8RPWXN3RM9T06W7

Back