How much priming sugar instead of Carbonation Drops

EjSpice

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm making a HefeWeizen based on a extract recipe. I want to use regular sugar instead of expensive Carbonation drops but don't know how much to use.

I've got 8.5 Litres just about to be bottled/kegged. The recipe suggests two drops per bottle, but doesn't say what size of bottles!

How do i calculate the amount of priming sugar to use for a beer like this?

Here the recipe:
http://store.coopers.com.au/recipes/index/view/id/119/

There's a priming sugar calculator on this site. Enter volume and the highest temperature your beer reached after fermentation was completed and it will give you how much sugar you need.

I didn't realise there was such a thing. Thanks Nosybear!

There's a priming sugar calculator on this site. Enter volume and the highest temperature your beer reached after fermentation was completed and it will give you how much sugar you need.

I'm making a HefeWeizen based on a extract recipe. I want to use regular sugar instead of expensive Carbonation drops but don't know how much to use.

I've got 8.5 Litres just about to be bottled/kegged. The recipe suggests two drops per bottle, but doesn't say what size of bottles!

How do i calculate the amount of priming sugar to use for a beer like this?

Here the recipe:
http://store.coopers.com.au/recipes/index/view/id/119/
Good morning.
I'm a beginner at brewing but instead of priming the individual bottles, I've been bulk priming and then bottling the primed beer. I use 1 cup of dextrose to a 23 Litre batch. The carbonation appears to be right on. Hope this helps.

Bulk priming is an easy move , I have a few different size bottles and also makes it impossible to either prime a bottle twice or not at all

Force carb in a keg if you have the supplies. It's so much easier.

I do bulk prime but just starting out. Probably not quite ready for the expense of force carbing kit yet

No surplus for me. 5 gallon batches, 5 gallon keg. Every now and then I have a bit too much, and I fill a couple jars with the flat beer. My wife uses it to make pizza dough.

No surplus for me. 5 gallon batches, 5 gallon keg. Every now and then I have a bit too much, and I fill a couple jars with the flat beer. My wife uses it to make pizza dough.
Of course! Would make great pancakes too.

I tried to use this for a couple of bottles and my scales wouldn`t weigh that small amount so I got out the reloading scale and converted to grains. Got me thinking I should experiment with this and be able to carbonate with extreme accuracy. Will have to work out a plan.

Fresh from the secondary. ;)

I have a friend who likes my coffee porter with pancakes and sausage for breakfast.

Back