Keg not flowing?

MrBIP

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm done with it for the night, but....
Second time getting kegs flowing. Bought some new connectors and such. One keg going to an exterior tap. Flowing just fine. The other keg, hooked up to picnic tap, same one I used on the first keg, not flowing. I know it's got pressure. And it's not an issue with the keg (which is brand new) because I can stick a screw driver on there and beer squirts. I tried three different connectors with both 3/16 and 1/4 lines. I've left it hooked up to gas and plan to mess with it again tomorrow.
Not sure what would be causing this???

(I do know this: I'm going to like having kegs)

Dang it. I was wondering about that. It's a pale ale. I transferred right out the fermentor and then dry hopped in the keg. Thought there might a lot of crap in there.

Bingo. Try purging the gas then switch your posts and blow gas through the dip tube

I had that problem ended up being a muslin hop bag. I finally ended up reaching in with my hand to pull it. I've since switched to small paint strainer bags no weight.

I thought I had a clogged dip tube more than once. Dummy me, each time I t turned out to be lack of gas. One time, the tank ran out. The other time, I had the gas shut off for that keg only. I suppose I'll clog a dip tube some day!

Well mr bip howd you go mate? Beer flowing now;). I kegged my lemon grass wheat last night and will be on the lookout for clogged dip tube itis as I know some muck went through on transfer:rolleyes:.

Gotta get back to it tonight. I just left it sit last night. Only one CO2 tank and no individual regulators, so the plan to carb two beers simultaneously just got poofed, one will be a day back. So we'll see how that goes.

Get a tee or a manifold. I have 6 kegs on one regulator.

I've got a three way manifold, but no way to regulate different pressures to different kegs with only one CO2 tank. Higher pressure to carb, lower pressure to serve. I'm thinking I might need a second, smaller, tank for carbing and use this big one for serving.

Using my keg King fridge it's got two gas line I run Three kegs in it and just alternate gas to third keg to keep gas up to her.

I've got a three way manifold, but no way to regulate different pressures to different kegs with only one CO2 tank. Higher pressure to carb, lower pressure to serve. I'm thinking I might need a second, smaller, tank for carbing and use this big one for serving.

In-line valves should do the trick. I've got a single CO2 tank through a single regulator then to a quad manifold. Each line from the manifold has a separate valve so when I'm carbing up a fresh beer, I just turn off the other 3 and crank the reg up to 30psi for 2 days.

Only problem with this set up is the inability to carb one beer more than the the others unless you fiddle with the valves constantly as they eventually even out to the happy medium.

Ive gone the cheapest way possible, one regulator 4 valves, I just shut the others off while carbing

WP_20161221_001.jpg

Looks a lot like my setup

I suppose in the end if your happy with a reasonable level of carbonation in all your beers one regulator seems the go. I'll end up adding another gas line to my kegerator for my third keg eventually

Yeah, one level of carbonation for all of my beers is fine by me. I wouldn't even want to do all of the figuring required for different carbonation levels for different styles. Some of them even require different temperatures. My beer isn't about making judges happy.

I run an 8 keg system with 2 regulators. 5 on 1 side and 3 on the other. Easy to force carb and if there is some beer that likes less carbonation. Not picky about proper carbing but like my pales and IPA's carbed more than scottish ales or browns. Some beers just don't taste right over carbonated.

Edit: I also have an outside the keezer line for purging or pushing sanitizer into the dip tube. Pretty handy and only cost a tee, a gas connector and some hose.

Last edited:
I'm cheaper than that I just have inline tees and disconnect the beers I want at a lower level and just give them a shot here and there for serving. I do have two setups though

Back